Tuesday, October 15, 2013

September = Soccer Season

 For R's birthday, my wonderful sister Missy paid for R to play city league soccer again! This is one of my favorite gifts she gets each year. This is the first year that R actually played positions, and had goalies. They play 7 on 7 (including the goalie). 
 
R's division were 1st and 2nds graders and she was one of the youngest . The one thing I liked about how the the teams were put together, was how they tried to have one team all be from the same school. So even before school started R knew kids that were not from her kindergarten class.
 
R's coach was Coach Knoble. The first practice they mainly learned every ones names. I thought it was a little weird, but it actually made them become friends a lot faster.
 
R really loves soccer.
 R became really good friends with the coach's daughter Edie.
 They would find each other at recess and play together even though Edie is in 2nd grade!
 
 
 Sometimes while trying to capture great pictures of R, I would get photo bombed!
 They didn't have set positions, so R tried goalie a few times.
Not her strongest position, but she had fun while doing it!
 
 My poser with Edie!
 I would be lying if I didn't say the first few games were pretty boring to watch. She didn't quite understand the new way of playing, and wasn't very aggressive. 
 But towards the end something clicked and she was amazing. Both at offense and defense.
 She still wasn't the fastest, but with short legs she did great!!!
 "The Pink and Blueberry Pirates"
(the girls came up with the name, R hated it)
Top left to right- Coach Nate Knoble, Ashlyn, Tessa, Ellie, Brynlee, and Claira
Bottom left to right- Edie, Samantha, Brooklyn, Chloe, and R
 
 
Games started the end of August, and ended the end of September.  Two games a week. With R's games, and Missy's 3 kids games twice a week we lived and breathed soccer all of September. I LOVED it! 
 
I couldn't have been a more proud soccer mom. She did amazing. I can't wait for next season when she is in the older group, and already understands the positions!!!!
 
Way to go R!!!

2 comments:

Louisa said...

She looks so cute! It's nice that she can play 'real' soccer now. :) I can't wait until Lila starts.

Donna Moore said...

How cute are you R !!! You look so cool playing soccer, thanks Tracee for posting these pics xxx