Friday, December 19, 2014

Santa Run

 My McSweeney family decided to have a baking day rather a baking night(like in the past). Everyone except my little family signed up for the Santa Run that was happening after baking. I didn't sign R up because it was gosh darn expensive! After we were done baking everyone started getting dressed for the race. R was HEARTBROKEN!!!! She came to me with teary eyes and said "I really want to run Mom!".   I spoke with some of my family and they said they would totally be ok just to run, and not be registered(shhhh, don't tell). So we dressed them up and headed down for a very unexpected 5K!!!! P even wanted to do it! 

My AWESOME family before the race!
My kids looks so cute!
 P was totally serious about running. As soon as we got through the start he was off and determined. Eliza ended up staying with him, because I thought he would run for 100 meters and then be done(but he wasn't). A HUGE thanks again for running with him Eliza!!!
 R started out with Sydney, but then took off by herself. 
Jessica's fiance Jared, stayed with her. Thanks Jared!
 I LOVE this picture of P.  He was so excited to show me that he was still running.
Waving his arm like a wild man to make sure I saw him!
 He ran part of the way with Lila!
 Then Lila made her back to me via family members to cheer for the runners!
 The finish line!
Minus Louisa and Lila(they were in the bathroom)
It was a fun family activity and I am glad that both my kids were able to participate! 
I just might have to bite the bullet and sign up next year!
Just for my sake R ran it in 40 minutes.
Not her best, but not to bad for running it in jeans and not running for awhile!

No comments: