FINALLY! We have been married for four years, and Jared's immigration has always been the main topic. So today on 9-9 of 09 Jared finally was sworn in as an American citizen! The great thing is that he didn't have to denounce his Australian citizenship. That was a huge relief on Jared. Most people know that we are moving to Australia, and don't understand why we got his citizenship then leave. The reason is, is that the move isn't permanent! So by getting his citizenship now, we don't have to worry about anything happening to his permanent resident status!
Anyways, now the tables turn and I become the immigrant! Its going to be st range!
We have been living with my parents for a few months, and Jared leaves on the 25th. We just had a huge yard sale, and sold almost everything we own! It was a lot harder to see everything go than I expected! I know that we could use the money more than storing it! But it was still hard! I think reality hit, and hit hard!!! We just ha ve a few more things to sell before we can leave, but things are looking up! I really am excited for the future, but getting very nervous about the unknown!
4 comments:
Wow, you are a very brave woman! But it sounds like a great adventure too. I think I would have a hard time selling most of my stuff, also. I hope you love where you end up! Good luck!
that's HUGE, and must be such a relief! i'm glad to hear the move isn't permenant-- australia is so far! good luck to you guys on the move. what an adventure. i bet you will love it.
We love you guys. Just thought you should know. We're going to miss all 3 of you like CRAZY!!!
Yeah for Jared. That is so exciting. Good luck with your next adventure. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Post a Comment