On August 12th 1992, a wonderful event happened and America will never be the same. 20 years ago, the McSweeney family landed in America. To celebrate the big day, we had a party.
On Sunday we all, yes there a lot of us, got together for some good times and good treats.
P couldn't wait until dinner time. I caught him sneaking chips before pictures.
The men in my life
Notice the matching shirts. We went ALL out!
All the cousins. Don't mind P's fingers in his mouth, he is teething :(
Top L to R-Damion and R
Bottom L to R- Lila, Mia, P, Hallie and Sydney
The WHOLE gang. I LOVE Hallie's face in this picture! :)
More cousin pics with Aussie animals
Now that the family picture had been taken, we could eat!!! It was a mix of American and Australian food.
R with her plate full of treats!
We took P's shirt off for a reason :)
Cute Cousins
Next we/the original 10 played a trivia game. Everyone submitted 2 questions about their past.
Some of the questions were
"What was the highest number of Russians staying with family members in one year?""Between all the McSweeney kids, how many total years were spent in Marching Band?"
"How much did Mum pay Jared for moving the skunk in Vernal?"
I think I knew one answer, but it sure brought funny memories back to the original 10
The herd
Both Lila and P's shirt were taken off, and they both strutted around proudly
showing their little belly buttons.
They are too cute!!!
Next was a game that I still raise an eyebrow to. Pass the Boomerang. You pass a boomerang around the circle with your knees. It was hilarious!!!!
Poor Grandma! Its not easy to begin with, but to have a short teammate is a whole other playing field!
Jared tried too!
Just a cool shot of P.
Then we headed inside for "Minute To Win It". R played the ping-pong game on Eliza's team.
Next was a timed game. Jared against me.
Guess who won? The one who stopped to smile at the camera!!!!!!! :)
P even tried!
Then Micah against Ethan playing the cup game. Ethan won!
Then the cookie slide. You have to put a cookie on your forehead and only using facial muscles, try to move your cookie into your mouth without it falling off!
Eliza made these cute cakes. The dark spot in the middle of this cake is a
Reese Miniature as Ayer's Rock. Cute!
If you click on this picture it will enlarge a bit, so you can see the pictures better. One is what they looked like when they moved here, and the other a current picture. Pretty cute!!!
We all had a great evening. Crazy to think how different my life would be if Paul and Diane hadn't up and moved their whole family to the other side of the world! I feel lucky to be part of such a great family!
3 comments:
It looks like you all had a great time and I loved Emma's video of Pass the Boomerang !!! I would also love my own T-shirt thank you !!
I'm happy for you of course that the McSweeney family up and moved to you but I have to say that the 12th August 1992 was one of the saddest days of my life :( In saying that if they had not moved then we would not have been blessed with your presence in our family nor would we have the beautiful R and P !!!
SO fun! What a great way to celebrate. It was 20 years ago on July 4th that my family moved to Utah from New York. Not a move across the world, but definitely a move across the country that certainly changed our lives. Yay for milestones!
I'm glad we came, too!
Post a Comment