In high school, I was so lucky to have such a great group of good friends. With an idea put in her head by Jared, our friend Jennie decided to act on that push and organized a night away to her in-laws cabin. No kids allowed!!! I was so excited just for the night away with no kids. After the night away it wasn't the freedom from the kids, but the laughter and memories shared that made the getaway AMAZING!
Everyone who made it(minus Jennie's husband)
Left to right both top and bottom:
Mike and Lora Tolman, Jennie, Jared and me, Tyson and Aja Fillmore, Jimmy and Becca Hjorth, Nate and Kim Terry.
After chatting for a while we sat down and played some games.
My cheeks were hurting so bad from laughing so hard!
Then we "hung" around and just talked far into the morning.
I think we finally made ourselves go to sleep at 3am.
The next morning we lounged around in our pjs and talked some more. I remember someone saying "Remember when you were a kid, and your family would go visit someone and the adults would just sit and talk for hours, and it was SO boring.?" That is what we had turned into, and I was TOTALLY OK with that!
Had an amazing breakfast, and pulled the games out again!
Of course the guys took the opportunity to shoot Nate's gun.
3 of the cutest stow-aways.
They were young enough to come!
The cabin from the outside doesn't look that big, but we all had our own rooms,
and it was the PERFECT size for a cabin!
Seriously was such a great night. We were missing 2 others that live out of state,
but they were in our conversations!
Thanks again Jennie for a flood of memories that made me smile!

1 comment:
FOMO FOMO FOMO!
it sounds SO SO FUN. if we ever move closer, we simply HAVE to do it again!
Post a Comment