(I'm making a statement now to assure you that I know the quality of the pics are BAD, but I just now realized that my camera was set on MACRO for ALL of Christmas. Yes, tears have been shed over this, but I have moved on and can FINALLY post these awful pictures! Just squint!)
Christmas traditions are something that Jared and I have tried to keep alive in our own little family. It has been hard trying to pick and choose what parts of both of our childhoods to use. I think we finally have it down. My favorite tradition is from my childhood. We all got to open one present Christmas Eve. Every year we would open a present from my Great Grandma and Grandma which were always new Christmas pajamas.
Here are my kids in their new jammies. I still don't think P fully understood what was going to happen in the morning because the kid went right to sleep. R on the other hand took FOREVER to fall asleep.
Christmas morning
Checking out presents in their Santa Sacks (Jared's tradition)
Tearing in, and finding a remote control car.
R's Christmas consisted of mostly things from the movie Frozen, which she is obsessed with! She was very happy!
Legos. My kids have hit the Lego stage. :(
R using the little ones, and P using the Lego Duplo.
This was R's #1 thing on her Christmas list, and I tell you what. That dress-up caused so much more stress than any mom should have.
This little girl was one of the happiest little girls in the world. This dress-up really was worth the stress. It is gorgeous, and we had to bribe her to take it off! For those without kids, its a dress-up of Elsa from the movie Frozen!
P was pretty happy with his new movie Planes!
Hugging yet another stuff animal, and yes still in the Elsa dress!
R made me a calendar at school, and I LOVE it!
New bedding for his "big boy" bed.
Airplanes and helicopters, how appropriate!
Trying out a new game, and still in the dress!
Legos
Gorgeous, happy girl, with bed head.
Couldn't make for a more perfect Christmas morning picture!
We finally got her out of her dress, and got the kids ready to head down to Santaquin for presents with the McSweeneys.
My kids ready for the presents!
This was FULL of Australian candy.
It was for everyone!
My cute boys!
Then we headed back home for present with the Bolens.
Dad teaching P how to use his new remote control car.
We are a game playing family.
So with everyone together we of course had to play!
One upstairs...
...and one downstairs.
We also had some fun recreating old family photos, but they deserve their own post!
Just you wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment