Friday, May 9, 2014

Jared Is Old Too!!!

With a surprise birthday party for me, I knew that I wanted to do something special for Jared's.  Around my birthday (or earlier) I saw an advertisement for Larry The Cable in Concert the day before Jared's birthday. I knew that Jared like him, and thought it would be a unique gift.  I finally gave him his present, and we made plans to go eat before for show.  As we were driving on I-15 pass UCCU(UVU's event center), I thought I read on the marque that the show was cancelled. I made Jared take the next exit, and drive back pass the sign. Sure enough it was cancelled!
 
 I couldn't believe it. I was SO excited for something different for his birthday, and it was ruined! We asked a guard at UCCU who said Larry has been filming a movie, and was injured pretty badly that morning. UCCU didn't actually know he wasn't coming until just after 1pm that day!!!!  Luckily we got a refund, but a very disappointing night!
 Jared's actual birthday was pretty low key. The kids picked out balloons for him, and gave him a present, then we later we all went out to dinner!
 Jared pretty excited about the bullets!
We all know its an easy go to gift for him! :)
 The birthday boy and his kids!
His actual birthday was on a Friday. I have sort-of started a tradition at the McSweeney house of sleeping over Saturday night of the LDS General Conference weekend. I knew that we were doing that the next night so decided we would do cake and ice cream then with all his family! Stay tuned for some cute pictures! 

No comments: