Sunday, May 11, 2014

Birthday/ General Conference

 After my epic failure of a birthday surprise, I decided it would be easiest to have cake and ice cream at the McSweeney's the night after his birthday.

I have kind-of created an awesome tradition where we all, yes there are a lot of us, sleep over at Mum and Dad McSweeney's house the Saturday night before LDS General Conference. Okay, we have only done it twice, but I think that is a start!

Because I knew that a lot of people would already be there, why not have cake and ice cream then? My kids made the cake. R's choice was a key lime cake with key lime frosting, and P's was a rainbow cake, like he had for his 3rd birthday!

R's was pretty easy so she opted to help mix the colors for the rainbow cake.


Then after baking they each got to decorate their cakes.
I wrote on them, and they decorated!
R was very particular...
 ...and so was P :)
 They love decorating cakes!!!!

 This picture really makes me laugh.
Which one was done by a 3 year old?!?! 
The picture doesn't do it justice, there were a lot of sprinkles in that one spot!
 The birthday boy!
 This picture seems oddly familiar... remember who was helping me blow out my candles?
 Some of the group!
 Then it was on to game playing into the night!
 In the morning - the kids that were able to spend the night ALL played Legos!
 These two really made me smile.
They are becoming such good friends.
 This picture is blurry, but I had to put it in. They would chase each other around these chairs. P thought Lila was chasing him, and she thought P was chasing him!!!! HILARIOUS!!!!

 We also were able to watch morning conference, and I used the candy bowls with a particular word taped to the bowl. I did it last time, and it was again a huge hit!
 After the morning session, the rest of the cousins arrived and those kids had a BLAST running around together!
 Then we had lunch!
 These are Diane's Conference Potatoes, that she only makes on Conference Sunday! 
They are SOOOO delicious!
I LOVE the time that we get to spend as family. Even though we all live pretty close, it's nice to be stuck together for a weekend! I hope we keep this tradition going!!!

No comments: