Monday, May 18, 2009

Updates, with some Fun!

Updates on us. As of today we have finally moved. We didn't upgrade by all means, but its a means to a beginning (if that makes any sense). We moved into my parents basement last week. Our plans are to stay at my parents house for 4 months.......wait let me say that we have applied for citizenship for Jared and it takes 4 months at the earliest! So we will be living in my parents basement for 4 months (hoping that it doesn't take longer than that!) and save as much money as we can in those 4 months! Then after we get his citizenship we are planning on moving to Australia. Yes that's right, we are attempting a huge move! Move to Australia should be exciting! Jared has applied for his master's program at a school in Sydney (which is not the capital). We find out if he is accepted her soon. The economy isn't as bad there and so there is more opportunity for a job in his field there. We are excited and hopeful at the same time! If he doesn't get accepted we are still planning on moving there and for him to become an instructor there where there are more students needing instructors! So that's the update on us. Now the fun.....On Mother's Day weekend, my sisters, our kids, and me decided to run away to St. George. My aunt has a house down there that she doesn't live in, and lets people use it. It has a club house with a pool that is outside. So we decided to make a run for the heat. Here are a few pictures. Of course you can't go to St. George and not play May-I ( a family card game)


Cute little R sleeping on the couch!
Swimming in the pool was FABULOUS!It worked out great that R swam for about an hour, and then fell asleep for almost 2 hours on some towels in the shade! Which ment I didn't have to hold her ALL the time.Me being funny!St. George has a "Crack" or "Gap" I'm not sure what they actually call it, but we attempted itIt became a little too tight for me so I couldn't help R, and she got a little scared. We ended up turning around and going out, but this is before that happened!Very independent child climbing the rock by herself! To get to the top of this huge rocks that overlook St. George!R, Mindy, and I on the rocks at the lookout point! It was VERY windy hence my hair is totally in my face!We left Friday afternoon, and came back on Mother's Day in the afternoon. It was a quick getaway, but a well needed trip! Thanks to my sisters for being very persistent and making me go!

I also need to post that my hubby graduated from UVU with a degree in Aviation-Perfessional Pilot. Great Job Honey. Her are a few pictures from our friends camera!


Congratulations babe, its been hard, but I knew you could do it!

6 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

So fun! Thanks for the update Trace...I've been dying to read it ;) Thanks for coming swimming with D last night. He really needed it. Love you guys like crazy!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Wow! Australia! That's far away! I bet your family will be sad to see you go, huh! That will be a way fun opportunity though. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for your little family.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you have been really busy. I have three comments
1. I can't believe you are actually going to move to Australia!
2. Congrats to Jared for his graduation.
3. How fun to go on a trip with your sisters. I have always been a little sad I don't have any sisters to do things like that with.
Good luck with the four months of waiting.

Christy said...

WOW-- big changes for your little family! i can't wait to hear what happens with all the plans and see australia through your eyes. SO FUN-- what an adventure. i bet jared is pumped. congrats to jared on graduating. good luck you guys!

Jennie-O said...

wow, thanks for all the updates. I can't believe that you might be moving to Australia!! We do need to get together soon!

Johnson Family said...

I'm excited for your new adventures. Thank you for the updates. The pictures are great! Congrats to Jared for graduating. That is really exciting all in itself. :)