Friday, June 26, 2009
Newest Additon
I know that this is a little late, but here is R and her newest addition. Her "owie arm". It happened on the 11th of June. She had been wanting to go outside and play, but it had been raining all day. In between rain storms my dad went outside to grill dinner, and so I let her go out and play. She was trying to climb the metal ladder(thats still wet from the rain) while holding onto chap stick! Yes, my daughter is OBSESSED with chap stick so it makes the whole story even more funny! 
She has done really well with it! I have been very happy. They put a soft cast on her for 4 days, then we took her in and got a HOT PINK cast. This is her showing it off!

After only a week it already smells. GROSS!!! We put baby powder down the finger's part and down by her arm, and it tends to help a little! The sad thing is not only can she not swim during these hot days, but she will have it on for her birthday! :( Oh well, all part of growing up I guess. I forgot, when they took the x-ray her bone wasn't broken into 2, but bent. Its called a buckle fracture. Because her bones are still soft they bent(pretty bad) but I thought that was cool! Its still considered a fracture because her bones are way out of alignment. All is well though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
poor r! it's no fun to have a cast on, especially in the summer. i hope it heals quickly and that you stay sane. :)
I feel so bad for little ones when they have to have casts! They are so big and uncomfortable. Owen broke his arm at 11 months then again just after he turned 2. Her purple cast looks exactly like his did, his second time!
Post a Comment