Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday R!!

Yesterday was R's 2nd birthday. Its crazy to think that she isn't a baby anymore. She had a fun day for her birthday. The celebrations started off with R's second family the Buhler's. We went to the park and played and open presents. This is a cute shot of them on the slide! Our good friends the Deming's birthdays are really close to R's. Darwin's is on the 24th, then 3 days later its Kiara's, then 3 days after that is R's. Its really funny. So in celebration of all 3 birthdays we took the Demings out to dinner at Tepanyaki. We all decided that its crazy that we have lived in Utah and never been there. It was so much fun. They cook your dinner right in front of you and they toss food at you to catch in your mouth(which I did!). It was a little pricey but its like getting a show with your dinner! Its hard to see me (but thats ok) because of the smoke from the grill! Still cool!
For the 3 birthdays the cook made a volcano out of the onion he was cooking. Very COOL! It flamed like this for a while, then smoked for a little after that.
Right after dinner we went home (to my parents house) and had R's birthday party of cake and ice cream. I forget really how many McSweeney's there are until they are mixed in with my family! Love them all, but there are A LOT of them! :)

R blowing out her birthday cake! She really couldn't do it. After the 3rd attempt, Jared and I just did it for her when she blew!
R very excited about her presents!

I'll say it again, it is strange having a 2 year old. I think it only gets worse! Overall it was a great day for R. But today(the first full day of being 2) I think she has morphed into the "terrible 2" already. Wish me luck that I can get through this year!!!
**And yes to all those who saw my last post, her cast is different! Her pink one was sliding off, and so we had to get it taken off and recasted. It was nice because I was able to clean her arm before they recasted(yeah for non-stinking casts!)! I am holding off from getting her 2 year old pictures done until after the cast comes off!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

happy birthday r! she is looking a lot like you these days tracee!

sophie will be two the end of the month. we really need to get these two together to play!

Lora said...

Tracee she is so darling! I can't believe she is two already! What a fun birthday and good luck entering the "2"'s