Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Motherly Question
To all the moms that read this blog, R has been doing great on potty training, but when it comes time to sleep........WOW! Last night I spent 2 hours with a screaming TWO year old trying to calm her down so that she could fall asleep. She now sleeps in a "big girl bed" so I can't just let her scream she gets out and can open doors! I have met my match when it comes to winning a fight! I NEED SOME IDEAS!!!!! Any that will help the wheels in my head turn will work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We decided that since we were given the girl that won't potty train till she's 5 :) that must be why we have such a good sleeper. Tessa has always been a good sleeper, so I don't really have any advice for you, we did have a short weeklong stint of getting out of the big girl bed, we had to put all the toys in the closet (which she couldn't open) and then when she came out, take her right back in, don't say a word, just take her back in. It worked out well for us, but it only took a couple nights. Naps where harder, but thats where putting all the toys away helped. I have read stories though of people having to put their child back in bed nearly 100 times a night for a week or two (parenting magazine) and hopefully that won't be you, but just think, you aren't cleaing up pee all day long! BTW, we went back to diapers, yes, she may never use the potty, but I can't handle anymore peeing on the floor after she just sat on the potty for an hour, sucks. So just remember that at midnight!! Good luck!
we just barely switched sophie into a big girl bed a few days ago, so i'm right there with you. luckily, sophie's door is the one door in the house that she can't open (it kind of jams) so we just leave her in there until she finds her way into bed. i'm a mean mom, but there is no way i'd be sitting with my kid for hours night after night. if i were you, i think i would find some way to lock her in. i feel so mean as i write this, but seriously, she just has to learn and i'm sure it will only take a few nights of tears. good luck sis!
When I think back, Tessa couldn't open her door either. Sometimes we would shut it, and just let her fall asleep in front of it. Then after a while, we would go in and pick her up and put her back in bed. You could get those childproof doornob things, just make sure Jared doesn't lock himself in!! haha
Dar says drug her with Benadryl ;) Good luck, Trace! P.S. Happy Anniversary!! We love you guys!
I have to say that we do the same thing, just close the door and leave. It works well, although I do feel bad. Since she and Jacob share the room I usually have to move her back to her bed when I lay him down. She sometimes will come right back and sleep next to the door, but other times she'll stay in bed all night.
Good luck!
I don't know how it is in the new place, but if you still struggle with bed time, put a child lock on the inside of the door so she can't get out...Then when she gets used to going to sleep you can take it off and threaten to put it back if she gets out of bed. Worked like a charm in my house. (Talk about a mean mommy! Lockin' them in their room!)
I'm a bit late in commenting, but we did the child lock on the inside of the door as well. Actually, he got it off one night, a few times, so we taped it together and now he's really stuck. Every now and then he still freaks out about sleeping, but he eventually calms down. (You should read my latest post: tiffandsam.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment