Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Great Aussie Adventure!

We were ALL really stressed about the long flight to Aussie. It ended up being no problem. All but the last 20 minutes, the flight was no big deal. This was taken on the way to LA. She didn't have to sit in her car seat on the LONG flight, thank goodness!!!
Its hard living I know, but this is a picture of our new home! If you look close you can see all 3 of our footprints above the words!
Cute R looking out to the harbour(yes it is spelled correctly!).
R's first time at the Opera House! She loved running all over this place!!
Ok, this next picture has to be my ALL time FAVORITE picture EVER taken of R! This was her first experience with the ocean. We went to the VERY famous Bondi Beach, and she FREAKED out!!! This picture really explains how she felt!! SO funny!! She DOES NOT like WAVES!!! How will we ever survive in Australia??? Oh yeah, she hated walking on the sand too! Really R??(p.s. i know I am a great mom, instead of comforting my child I pull out my camera!!!)
More happy times. We were able to go to a zoo, and hand feed the Kangaroos! R LOVED them! Some of them didn't really want to eat the food we bought for them, but R was determined that they wanted and WOULD eat it!
Very cute. This looks likes she is feeding it, but NO she is shoving it into its face! Funny! Most did eat out of her had, but still funny!
They had Kangaroos, and Wallabies to feed. This was just a baby Wallaby that R really liked!R's first experience with a Koala! Cute!
So by this picture we had been to one other beach, which wasn't as bad as Bondi, but still had its issues! This picture was taken today, and look there IS hope!! She still had a hard time walking in the water with the waves, but we could go out to the bigger waves holding her and she was just fine! THERE IS HOPE for my AUSTRALIAN child!

She enjoyed the sand kit we got her the most! Reality starts tomorrow, because my mom and brother leave! No more touristy things! Back to the same old, same old. Laundry, dishes, ect. But the good news is, that I am feeling VERY comfortable driving on the wrong side of the road, and it is only spring here! More beach trips to come! I'd love to hear from you all! REALLY keep up your blogs, because that really is the only way I get to stay in touch! I will try to keep you all updated on our Great Aussie Adventure!








9 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

I'm glad you got the pics posted so soon. Now I can see that the dog IS actually a kangaroo! ;) It seriously was so much fun to talk to you guys yesterday. We'll definitely have to make it a regular thing. We're totally jealous of the beach, and all of the fun things you guys have been able to do. Shoot..we may just have to come visit! And...we're glad to see you guys together again! We love you and miss you so much!

Lora said...

Tracee apart from being completely jealous that you live somewhere I am dying to visit!! It looks like you guys are doing great! I LOVE r's water photos her face is fantastic! I'm happy your family's together again! We're excited to keep reading about all your great adventures!

Rebecca and Nick said...

So fun! I love Australia! That is great that your mom and brother got to come for a while, too. So fun to be tourists! I hope your new life treats you well, once reality sets in. Have a great summer! We went on our honeymoon in January, and it was HOT!

Christy said...

australian adventure indeed! i'm so happy for you guys. i bet jared in particular is in heaven. it looks like a blast.

Unknown said...

Johnson party of 4 wishing to book a reservation at the McSweeney Hotel.....lol. Kirk, Laura, Tessa, Ashley, & Rosco the dog say hello. Rosco especially misses barking at Jared.

Darwin + Kiara said...

P.S. You need to update your "About Me" thing, and look at the McDemey blog...I updated. We need to Skype again. I'm having withdrawals!! I turn it on everyday when I get home, but I have something going on at school tomorrow evening from 6-7:30ish. Maybe our Friday evening, so your Saturday afternoon?

Johnson Family said...

WOW!! You did it! I love seeing the pictures and getting a taste of something I may never experience myself. We'll keep connected through our blogs. :)

Lisa said...

I would have pulled out the camera, too instead of consoling a screaming child! I am super jealous and want to go to there!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad to hear the plane ride was okay. I'm so worried! Love the pics, especially the beach ones! I'm sure she'll get used to it!