Thursday, March 18, 2010

Forgotten Beauty!

This sounds lame, but its been awhile since we had gone to the beach. Ok, awhile for us is a few months. It warmed back up today, so we went to this rock pool. For those who have lived in Utah their whole life, a rock pool is a portion of the ocean/beach that is outlined with rocks to break the waves. It was so relaxing. I forgot how beautiful the beach/ocean is!! We went with our friends the Dulls. Charlie is R's friend who is about 7 months older than her! We love spending time with them!! This is the girls catching waves in their buckets!
R helping Charlie's little brother Jonah make a sand castle!
Sandy Face!! Charlie was having a little too much fun in the sand and ended up looking like this!
My beautiful girl in her new swim suit! She finally fits in here in Australia with her swim suit! The sun is MUCH harsher here so all the kids where the SPF 50 swim shirts, hats, and sun block! I found this one for R on clearance for like $15 at Target!! :)
Enjoying the sand!
Best friends!!

As much as I love the beach, I MISS the mountains from home!! Take in the beauty of them for me!! (I will soak in the sun for you until it warms up a bit over there!)

7 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

So much fun! And soo jealous!! Although I'm on spring break right now, I've been sitting in the office at school :( I would SO much rather be at the beach with you guys!! R's new swim suit is adorable!!

The Pouhas said...

It's beautiful... I am so jealous:)

Lora said...

Every time I go to the ocean I'm amazed it just beautiful! R looks so cute! I had heard that about the sun down there-how much stronger it is. is it true it's illegal to not put sun block on your kids? what a great day!

Missy and Dan said...

Ok I will enjoy the mountains here for you! Even though I would much rather be at the beach!I am even thinking about maybe hiking the Y during spring break, it might be easier without having to haul R on our backs!!Speaking of R she is getting way too big, tell her to stop!

Christy said...

jealous. JEALOUS. and that is all. :)

Michelle said...

So fun! I to am jealous. I am glad you are enjoying the nice weather. I shoveled a ton of snow today. I would have rather been at the beach.

Johnson Family said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I love hearing what you guys are up to. Thanks for sharing.