Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Weekend Part 1 (Friday and Saturday)

Friday-Sydney and Sydney Aquarium

We had some of our Utah friends, who moved to Australia as well, come down from Brisbane. They had a friend over from the states and wanted to show her Sydney. I was VERY impressed with myself for not taking ANY pictures of us at the Opera House, or at the beaches. But I gave in because we ended up going to the Sydney Aquarium(which was new to me)!!

This is probably one of my favorite picture of the 3 of us. It is just funny!!!

Hello Bruce!!
Another family shot, a little more serious.
At Sydney Aquarium they have these underwater tunnels that were very cool. These ones had sting rays, dugoones, fish, ect. We were a little bummed that there weren't any sharks. :(But no worries there were other tunnels!! SHARKS!! It was VERY cool!! They were HUGE!!!!Besides the horrible light reflection that you can see on the shark, I thought this turned out pretty cool. You can see all the sharks, and see the tunnels that you walk through!Huge viewing window of an aquarium. Love this picture!
Thanks Sam and Tiffany for letting us tag along with you guys. It was fun!!!

Saturday-Sydney Royal Easter Show

This is like a HUGE state fair. There was so much to do and see, and EVERYONE comes to this!

This is me milking a cow. I don't know why I was little put off that the utter was warm. I don't know if I was expecting it to be chilled like my milk in my fridge, but it was cool!
This was the highlight for R. There were animals everywhere that you could feed. We bought her a little cup to feed and ended up having to buy another one for her! She LOVED this!!!
To bad this picture wasn't in focus, but it shows her excitement!

Just like a state fair, there is food. HUGE food! Here is R's HUGE hot dog.
and Jared's HUGE turkey leg.

And rides. Back in Wollongong for Australia Day Jared and I went on this ride and TRIED to get Uncle Jim to come on it. He chickened out. But told us earlier that he had prepared himself for it at the Royal Easter Show. Sure enough it was here, so from some unknown source we got him on it!!!

Jared is having fun, and Jim is ........... well not being a chicken!!!

and there was rides for kids too!! Of course she picks the "pony ride"
It was a fun weekend, and I will post a few more pictures later of actual Easter morning.

7 comments:

Lora said...

What great pictures! That aquarium looks amazing! I love the pic with her back turned,

That's so great you have some friends there! It looks like a wonderful weekend!

Christy said...

very fun! i like that first picture of you guys screaming. :) aquariums are son fun. that one looks awesome with all those sharks. although, i'm gonna be honest, even the pictures gave me the heebie jeebies. :)

Tiffany said...

thanks again for coming with us! It was great to see you guys and we had a great time. The Easter show looks like heaps of fun. I'm a bit jealous of the turkey leg!

Missy and Dan said...

All I can say when you post fun pictures up is --JEALOUS!!! Anyway R is getting so big, I miss her terribly and you guys of course! Hey also I had a light bulb turn on in my head on how to blog and I totally get it now so I should post more stuff now that I totally get it! So look at my latest!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

So much fun! I'm glad you guys were able to meet up with Sam & Tiffany too. Happy Easter again, and yay for fun times! :)

Jennie-O said...

how fun! I'm impressed with R for actually petting the animals at the petting zoo. M is a total chicken when it comes to that. And p.s. that picture of Jared with the turkey leg scares me a little bit! :)

Johnson Family said...

Those are awesome pictures. I'm a little jealous of the aquarium...it looks fun.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.