Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mommy & Me in the CITY!

Jared had an interview in Sydney on Tuesday, so R and I tagged along! He ended up being gone for 5 hours, so R and I had a lot of Mommy and R time in Sydney! It was cloudy, but still nice just to be in the city!

This is R on the 1 hour and 45 min. train ride down to Sydney!!
Of course our first stop was the "Op How"(Opera House). R LOVES this place!
First of many R and me pictures!
Being silly in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!! You can pay to walk to the top, which is on our to do list(when we get money of course!)!!
R and her baby Eve. Almost to the top of ALL the stairs in front of the Op How, which R did ALL by herself!
She DOES love me!!
Any of you who don't know, my child is a photography prodigy. This really was taken by her. She is hold the camera out, and taking the picture!
She is especially keen of shots of herself! As much as I love ALL the pictures she takes of herself, it takes up SO much space on my memory card, but I can't find the heart to erase any of them!
Serious look! Again all her!
Taking time to cool her feet!
On the ferry out in Sydney Harbour, going back to meet up with dad! It really was fun getting to spend what felt like ALL day with just my girl in Sydney! I was hoping that she would take a nap in the pram(stroller), but never did. So we were on the go the whole time! It was still fun non-the-less!
I am VERY grateful NOT to be a single parent though! I LOVE R to pieces, but wow I was HAPPY when Jared met back up with us! The simplist tasks are SO much harder. For example going to the bathroom. Usually I just leave the stroller and everything with Jared and take R in with me. This time I had to take the huge stroller in with me, and maneuver it in WAY to small of places! Props to all the single parents who do it everyday!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Love the pics! So cute that she takes ones of herself, and so brave of you to let her hold the camara!!

Kirk went away this past fall for a weekend, and I totally agree with the single parenting thing, so hard. I don't wish it upon anyone and I am soo glad that I have such a wonderful husband as do you!

Christy said...

i have to say R looks so much like you tracee! i can see a little jared in there, but mostly i think she's a mini tracee. i love it! :) it looks like a very fun day and man, i am VERY impressed about R's camera skills. dang gina!

ps- and about it being tricky going to the bathroom, try it with a toddler, a baby in your arms, and a big can stroller. now that is interesting. i have learned to do so many things with only one hand. :)

Lora said...

Well Christy's comment was mine--you two are identical it's so cute seeing a baby Tracee! It looked like such a great day!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Man!! She is soo not a baby anymore!! Where'd little R go? I don't know if I'm ready to see her grow up! I love her curly pig tails, and LOVE that she takes pictures of herself...wonder where she gets that from? ;)

You should look at the pictures on Shannon's facebook page from when we went to Applebee's a few weeks ago. Hannah takes pictures of herself too :) Love it!

I'm glad you and R had a good time together while J was at his interview. I hope you guys hear back soon, or at least that the time passes quickly!

Love you guys!!

P.S. Did we tell you that Jimmy and Becca are coming to Lion King with us in September? Wish you guys were coming too!!

Michelle said...

What a fun day! I am jealous of how warm it looks. I am definitely ready for spring. I also agree that you and R look so much alike!

Johnson Family said...

What fun! I'm glad that you got to spend some time with her, you guys look great. It's fun to keep up with you through your blog.

I am definitely with you on the single mom thing. I truly don't know how they do it.