Sunday, November 14, 2010

He Is Here!!!

It took longer than I was planning to post, but after getting yelled at by many people here it is!

This first part is more for me and helping me remember things so feel free to skip these paragraphs if your not interested and just want to see pictures! :)

So at 34 weeks I had an ultrasound and he was breached, so at my next midwife appt. I sched. my c-section for Nov. 15th(today, funny). At 36 I went into the hospital with possible labor pains, but they weren't of course. But was kept in the hospital for 3 nights and 2 days for observations because of strange stomach pains and vomiting(sorry I warned you). They did all their tests, and of course came back normal. They did an ultrasound there and he had flipped. Head down, and ready. So the decision came back on me, c-section or try a VBAC. I went to my next midwife appt, and decided the percentage was REALLY low of a uterine tear, so I made up my mind to try to give birth naturally(with pain meds of course).

Nov. 9th at 10pm I headed to bed. Jared stayed up and watched a little more tv. He came to bed at 11:36pm. Usually when he would come to bed it would wake me up and I would head to the bathroom. Like normal, I laid there and finally decided since I was awake I would head to the bathroom. As I stood up, ah-oh I sure didn't pee my pants. Luckily it wasn't as much as with R, but sure enough my water broke. The joke is that happened at 11:44pm. Jared got 8 minutes of sleep! LOL!!! I started having contractions and so we headed to the hospital with R. We had made plans with our Uncle Jim that if something happened we could call him and he would come get R. But of course our luck, the one night he turned his phone off was this night!!

Sure enough they kept me there because my contractions were getting stronger and closer together. I was progressing really fast and finally got a hold of the 2nd Councilor of our bishopric. Bro. Tumata and his wife raced over and came and got R, which I was VERY grateful for. I was in a lot of pain, and screaming a lot. I felt really bad for her. Luckily she can play a game on my phone and was pretty involved in that. After some bribing R was ready to go to their house. I love that we have our ward family!!!!

I was at a 6 when my favorite person in the world walked in.......... the anaesthesiologist!!!!! It was SOOOOOO hard to sit up and try to stay still, but I am grateful that I could. My favorite comment during my "labor" part was made my midwife said after my epidural kicked in. Her name was Zophia(originally from Poland) she said "I don't even recognize you, you are a completely different person" LOL, I guess I was in a LOT of pain!! Anyways, I was checked again and at an 8 and almost taking naps in between contractions(just like my husband). Then at about 4:30am my stomach REALLY started hurting. WORST than contractions, and up in my stomach, not in my pelvis. It hurt SOOOOO bad to even touch it! They called the doctor in to see what the problem was. He quickly checked me out, and was very sincere and came right up to my face(because I was screaming so much) and said "Tracee, I am SO sorry but you aren't going to be able to have this baby naturally. You are showing every sign of a uterine tear and we need to race you into surgery." I didn't care, I was in so much pain I just wanted 2 things. 1-that the baby was ok and 2- make this pain stop. They raced me to surgery (vomiting the whole way). The only thing I can remember before being knocked out completely was there was a nurse or doctor wearing surgery glasses with a pink line across the top (strange I know, but I swear i have ADD) yelling at me to keep my eyes open as long as I could, and the other thing (besides the pain of course) was at some point I got a hold of one of the nurses hands and I am SURE she had other things to do, but she stood there and held my hand and held the blue sheet up. Jared couldn't be in there, which was a little hard but he later said he has never seen so many people racing around so fast and doing so much for one person. He said he was also really impressed how quickly the baby came out of the surgery room. Then he left to be with him.

Next thing I know, I am in recovery. Who knows how long I have been out!! They finally said I could be moved down into the maternity ward. I was wheeled into our room, and then Jared and the little man came in. I took a few pictures of the first time with him, but WOW, they are in NO way attractive! So luckily they are for me only! From then on everything pretty much normal happened. The doctor came in a few times and explained to me what had happened. Luckily I had NOT had a uterine tear, but was only 5 minutes away from a full on uterine tear. He said that the scar is usually thick like a muscle and mine was as thin as skin. SCARY! The anaesthesiologist came to check on me as well, and he said "do you remember me?" I said "of course you are my favorite person in the world, you gave me my epidural" then looking at his face I said "where you there in surgery?" he said " yes" and I said "nope, sorry don't remember you there". LOL!

So our little man made his first appearance at 5:11am weighing in at 7 lbs 10 oz. and measuring at 19 inches long. This is the only place I will mention his name. We didn't set on a name until we made it home. Poor little guy was baby McSweeney while at the hospital. We just couldn't decided, but he isn't nameless anymore!!! I try not use my kids names on my blog for security reasons, but everyone needs to know so. Our little man is Payton Jared McSweeney. Know as P from now on!!!

*******This is where the pictures start**************

Giving a thumbs up before the madness! Big Sister R with her little brother P. This is the first time holding him! Check that face out!
Daddy with his kid-S!!! First of MANY of these kisses!!!

Our handsome little man waving hi! What a freaking cutie! How could you not fall in love with him

Getting in on the lovin'
First bath, done by daddy of course, just like with R. I hurt way to much!!
VISITORS-
Uncle Jim(yes, the one who turned his phone off) :) (Diane's brother)
Auntie Caroline- this is Jared's aunt (Diane's sister)
Cousin Donna-
The Dulls- our friends from the Central Coast Ali, Charlie (R's best friend), Jake, and Jonah
Figuring this little guy out!
This is what MY bed seemed to look like most of the time these guys were visiting! EVERYONE had to sit on MY bed! :)
First time in the car seat getting ready to go home! We are in real trouble!!!
JUST KIDDING- he LOVES it after only minutes of the first picture being taken!
One of many (I am sure), of the funny pictures. I found that R had helped HER baby go to sleep too!
Love this face!
He is so dang cute. He thinks that if he is awake is meant to be feeding. Which is making mama cow(me) hurt SO bad!!!
My parents leave 10 days from today, and I am SO excited!! My mom has had a really hard time being away from me and this little man! I am doing well considering. SORE for sure!!!! Luckily Jared is being a GREAT help. He even went out today without me and bought a nursing bra........I know, really?!! And got the right size even!!!! He babies me, almost to the point of driving me nuts, but really I WOULD push myself if he wasn't here! I love him SO much, and so grateful for him! I will try to update this, but I have come to realize that finding time with a new born is kind-of a joke! So we will see!!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Welcome little man! He is so perfect!! I am so sorry about all the drama, we really wish that you guys were closer so we could see you. I'm so happy that your parents get to come though! I really will call soon...it's on my list. Enjoy your little bub!!

Christy said...

oh wow, he is just darling! really, what a perfect little baby! i'm so happy for you guys. not so happy for all the crap you had to go through to get the little guy here. that sounds so crazy. i am so glad the doctor realized what was happening and did the c-section before you ripped- yikes! thanks for sharing your story and photos with us-- i can't wait to see more. (although you definitely need to take it easy-- so no pressure! {i'm so glad jared's taking good care of you. :)})

Darwin + Kiara said...

I didn't yell at you...just encouraged you to post :) And I'm so glad you did! And so happy to know the little guy's name now :) The pictures totally help me fall in love with him even more! Skype was so fuzzy we couldn't see him very well, but it was so nice to talk to you guys! We're so excited to have him finally here & can't wait to cuddle him and give him kisses like R! Congrats again, you guys! We love you! Now it's our turn...but she better not come too soon :)

Lora said...

Oh man Tracee he is just the most darling little guy! The name fits him perfect! I am so sorry you had such a difficult time in delivery, but it's so great to hear you didn't have any tearing and are doing alright! Good luck recovering, you are so lucky to have a great man around!

That's great about your parents coming! I bet their just dying not being able to see him! Thank goodness for skype!

xo

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful. Congratulations:)

Jennie-O said...

Congratulations!! He certainly is adorable, are you sure he's 1/2 jared?!?! Just kidding, I'm so sorry about all the delivery craziness, both of your kids are going to have great stories to tell :)

Missy and Dan said...

Yay, he is so freakin cute!!! Love him!! And I wish I was on the plane that will be there in ten days to see him and you guys, when mom said you were in the hospital having him my heart sank I wanted to be there with you SSSoooo bad if you couldnt tell!! Well Im so glad your doing good, sorry it wasnt an easy delivery and your sore! But Im glad you didnt tear!!! I love you so much and this little guy is super lucky to be a part of your family!!

Aja said...

He is VERY VERY CUTE!!! COngrats Tracee. I'm glad that everything ended up OK. Way to go Jared. Lots of love coming from us!

Rebecca and Nick said...

He really is a cutie!!! I missed this post and had to search for it because I knew it was here. I am glad everything during labor worked out, especially with no uterine tear. So lucky. You've got a good hubby, glad he is taking care of you. You have such a cute family!!