Friday, October 29, 2010

Trunk 'N Treat

As most people know, Halloween is an American holiday. Australia is trying to start the fun, but its a work in progress. Our ward decided to throw together their very first Trunk 'N Treat. It was funny, each Sunday up until the party they would have me stand up and explain what people are suppose to do.

For those Australians who don't know what a Trunk 'N Treat is let me explain: This is becoming a popular way of celebrating Halloween for safety reasons. Everyone in the ward(church group) comes and decorates their trunks (boots) all spooky like, and puts candy in them. Then the kids go from car to car saying "Trick or Treat" and then they get treats. That way kids aren't going to stranger's houses and getting candy from them.

So anyways, I am very proud of myself. R was a ladybug and I made it all by myself. I think she looked the cutest! I figured she could use the wings, and tutu after the fact. Our friends from Blue Haven, the Dulls, came down to celebrate with us. I had bought WAY to much tule for the tutus so I made Charlie(R's best friend) a tutu and wings as well. They were such cute ladybugs, and had SOOOOOO much fun together!!! And little Jonah was a cute cowboy!
Cute ladybugs!
Couldn't help posting this pictures. I LOVE R's face in it!!! LOL
In the "graveyard".
Pinata, which was a cool one. No sticks or hitting involved. They just pulled a string out, and if it was the lucky string it would pull open the hatch at the bottom. GREAT idea!!!
And the ladybugs starts their candy adventure! Cute trunk, huh?! It was funny, the first few trunks we went to R would say "trick or treatING" ha ha ha. Cute kid. She finally figured out that she only needed to say "trick or treat", and REALLY got a kick out of saying it!!
R LOVED this trunk. She thought it was so cool that it had teeth!
More loot!
Jake luckily handed out candy at our trunk so that I could go around with the kids and of course take pictures!! :) This is Jake, Ali, Charlie, Jonah, and R!!!
R and her candy!
Then she was VERY proud of her face painting. A flower, if you couldn't tell!!!
Looking at all the candy she scored! Way to go little ladybug!
Unfortunately Jared had to work, and couldn't be there. All and all it was a REALLY fun night! For being the first ever, our ward did a very good job. We even had a sausage sizzle (for all you Americans that is like a BBQ), YUM-O!!! Hope that you all have a great Halloween. We sure have, even if it was celebrated 2 days early!

7 comments:

Lora said...

That is one cute little lady bug! Way to go Trac on her costume! I love that you had to stand up and explain how to do it! very funny

ps-I had to zoom in on the last photo to see all the fun aussie candy-very cool
Happy Halloween

Christy said...

That is so funny that you had to keep explaining how it all worked. It's so ingrained in us Americans that it's weird to think about NOT celebrating Halloween! Great job on the costume-- I am very impressed!

Jennie-O said...

Cute costume, very creative. and way to go helping the tradition spread all the way to Australia!!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

She is seriously the cutest 3 year old I know! And the costume turned out great!! You need to teach me how to make the tutus since I'm going to have a little girl now too! Your trunk-or-treat turned out better than ours did. We got hit by a supercell (is that how you spell it?) and everyone cleared out the parking lot about 40 minutes into it. It was almost the coolest storm ever!! But it did ruin our Halloween fun. Everyone loved my costume. I'll be posting pics. Love you guys!

Missy and Dan said...

Wow. Im super impressed with your costume abilities!!! Its so cute on them!!!Your such a good mom!

Laura said...

That last pic of R and her candy is the best! Her eyes are Huge! haha.

So fun and great costumes!

Johnson Family said...

So fun! You've got a cute girl there.