Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cairns: Part 1 of 3

****WARNING*** There are a lot of pictures. But this trip was BEAUTIFUL!! How can you not take a lot of pictures and want to share them!!!! So this is blog 1 of 3.

CAIRNS
P's first time on an airplane! He did really well. On the way back we made an extra bottle. He slept the whole time we were in the air, and didn't even cry on descent! What a waste of a bottle! :) My cute kids on the plane!
Jared teaching P the basics of the flying!
Jim and R taking advantage of the 2 empty seats!
On the Esplanade in Cairns
It really isn't that pretty looking out from the Esplanade, its muddy with a lot of mud craps.
We stopped for lunch, and R fell asleep in her chair :D
Our hotel. It was more of apartments sublet out as holiday stays. It was WONDERFUL. 2 bedroom, kitchen, 2 baths, ect!! We were on the first level(one level up from the ground)
We were able to walk out our balcony and walk a few meters to the pool!
The great thing also, was we were typically the only ones in the pool!!
This shows how close we are to the Esplanade
I LOVE this picture of Uncle Jim. He looks REALLY happy!
P LOVES the water! No sad sounds from this little one!
Because there aren't any beaches in Cairns, they build this Lagoon. Its beautiful and free!!
When we came back from our walk we found this little guy in our kitchen! Got to love the tropics!
Breakfast on the balcony. How beautiful!!
My beautiful baby boy sleeping. How peaceful!
Cairns from the mts
We had a tennis court as well. Jim is such a trooper! R LOVED playing with him!!
Almost
On our beautiful walk around Cairns
At the lagoon
P didn't even cry, but R did!
The fish fountains
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture. I have such a cute family!
We stayed at the lagoon until dark
R thought she was so brave because she could reach and didn't need her tube!
Because we are on the east coast, sunsets aren't that impressive, but we have sunrises!!
These were taken across from our hotel
Like I said, LOTS of pictures. This is only 1 of 3. 3 is going to be HUGE just FYI, but the BEST by far!!!

4 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Love, love, love these pics and can't wait for the next installment ! I too love the pic of the 3 "kids" in the pool.

Darwin + Kiara said...

So much fun! I can't wait to see the other pictures of your fun adventure...and Dar really wants to see your pictures of the reef! And...I've made an executive decision that the next time you guys move to Australia (wink, wink) we are totally coming with you!!!

Missy and Dan said...

You are the best Blogger ever!! I LOVE all your pictures they are so cute!! I do love the one in the pool, too bad you werent in it! Im waiting on the edge of my seat for the other 2!!!!!

Missy and Dan said...

P.s I love yours and R's hats, they look cute on you!!!