Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pros and Cons

We still can't find our power cord for our laptop, so I don't have any pictures with this post. I just wanted to make a quick list of things that I like and dislike about living in Sydney vs. Utah

Sydney

Things I am going to miss:

*THE BEACH!!!!!!
*Crumpets(mixture between pancakes and English muffins)
*Pasito (a passion fruit soda)
*Having so much interaction with missionaries
*Going to Stake Conference and having the main hall filled and then have a room for Mandarin speaking members, and another one for Samoan.
*Living so close to Sydney and being able to do all that Sydney has to offer
*Being able to grow close to Jared's extended family
*Driving on the other side of the road feels normal
*How some words are pronounced: controversy, debris, advertisement, ect
*Living in a foreign country, and being the one with an accent
*Being part of a ward who really appreciates you and really look out for you
*Leaving our really good friends that we made

Things I am NOT going to miss:

*Freakin' rent- 2 bedroom apartment for $1480 a month (and that was a steal)
*The traffic/roads- they are set up so stupid, SO many cars, and skinny roads, "No Right Turns" *Musk candy-yes it does taste like the perfume....YUCK
*The price of petrol(gas). Yes, it is even more expensive there
*being SOOOOOOOOOO far away from EVERYONE
*sending money overseas to our account in Utah and getting charged up the wazoos for doing it by both banks

UTAH-

Things I am EXCITED for:

*R has so many cousins to play with
*R thinks it is totally cool to point out ALL the churches. I forgot how many LDS churches are around until she points out EVERYONE!!!!
*Our neighbors on all side of our house are in our ward. R thinks its extra cool that a girl in her church class lives right behind us......I feel a friend in the making!
*Hiking!!!! I was to scared to hike much in Australia, because there were to many things that can kill you without even seeing them
*Camping!!!! Same reasoning as the last! :)
*Both sides of our family are creating relationships with my kids
*Being so close to all of our family!
*Root beer at my fingertips(who knew I liked it so much). Yes, we can buy Bundaberg's Ginger beer, Tim Tam's, Mint Slices, and Magnum's Ice cream bars here!!! Slowly the US are catching onto the tasty things of life!!
*Being close to old friends
*But having one of our best friends from Australia moving to Arizona for 4 years(YEAH!!!! I can't wait)


Things I am NOT excited for:

*LOTION- It is SOOOOOOOOO freakin' dry here. Every inch of my body has to be covered! :(
*R's lovely curls are almost non-existent without the humidity(since the hair cut)
*R and P are not going to remember much if anything of living in Australia
*SNOW---boooooooooo

I am sure that there is so much to add, but can't think of them right now. I have mixed feelings about living here, but I see R's face with EVERYTHING and I know that this is where we are suppose to be!!

5 comments:

Joe and Becky said...

Tracee! It's Becky (Steed) from high school. Remember the discus-throwing days? I stumbled on your blog after I stumbled on Darwin's blog. Crazy! Seems like you're doing well. If you're on Facebook, I'll try and look you up. See you!

Donna Moore said...

Hey T we miss you heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps but I can imagine the look on R's face and know in your heart that you have done the right thing. Also glad to hear that the US is catching up with the finer foods of the world. Wonder what will be available when I come visit again! It will be just like home !!

Kiara said...

We're glad you're back. That's all I have to say.

Lora said...

I too am glad your back and so happy you had such an amazing adventure! I've decided your kids aren't too young for anything if you document and can tell them about it later! They will love seeing the photos and hearing the stories and when they return one day they'll stand in the same spots and feel like it's an extra special place for them!

It was great seeing you and your adorable kids yesterday! Thanks for the chat-we need to do it again soon!
xo

Georgina Close said...

We are sad to not have you here! You guys will do so great where ever you are though!!
Man I do not envy you the no humidity skin dry thing-by the time we left Utah Tilly's feet were bleeding cause they cracked so bad and we were only there for a week.
Your folks must sure love having you home, how was Jared's sisters wedding?
Love ya Gx
Have to stand up for musks though they are YUM! xx