For R's birthday, my sister Missy paid for R to play on a soccer team. I have LOVED going to her kids soccer games, and can't believe that I have a kid old enough to play. She plays in the 4-5 year old teams. I was a little worried at how she would act with kids taking the ball from her, but she is LOVING it!!!
I bought her some shorts to play in, and when I showed her she said "those are boys shorts!". She now thinks she looks pretty cool, especially when she puts her shin guards on with them. She has everyone kick her shins and then says "see, it doesn't hurt".

With being the smallest and this being her first year playing, comes with some disadvantages. The older kids on her own team typically come and steal the ball away from her to run down and make a goal. So she hasn't made a goal yet, but I see it happening at some point this season! Even if R doesn't score, its good exercise and teaches her team work!

Its great, at this age they play 3 on 3 with no goalies. You can always tell where the ball is because every kid is chasing it! Its hilarious!

She is getting her form down! I LOVE this shot!

I love that she is loving it. It takes up every Tuesday and Saturday from the end of August, and all through September. So along with her own games, her 3 cousins also have games on other nights. So for the next month we are going soccer crazy, and loving it!
I hope this video works! Its just a short clip of her playing. It shows how she isn't afraid of getting in the middle of the group with all the bigger kids.
4 comments:
So cute- I love the head shot! I can't wait until Elle is big enough to play-there is nothing more cute than itty bitty ones playing soccer!
OMG, she is so big now and I love that she is playing soccer and loving it !!! I also love her uniform and that she lets everyone kick her shins !!! That is soooo funny !!! BTW thanks for the pics of the kids, we all love them.
So obviously we need to get together again...having no car and a busy husband sucks! I had no idea R was playing soccer....I want to come watch!! When's her next game? I guess I can't go tomorrow cuz of my Gma's funeral, but next weekend? Dar should be able to come too. Call me, k?
so fun!!! i'll have to get miss sophie on a team next year. i'm not sure how she'd do (not the most assertive child, you see), but i think it would be SO FUN to watch. R looks like a natural!
Post a Comment