Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Girl Party 2011

 A family tradition on my mom's side is the "Girl Party". In the beginning it was for the girls to get together while all the guys go hunting (hence its usually held during the hunting season). Well, nobody in our family hunts except for Missy's husband, but we still get together once a year for lots of game playing, craft making, and having fun! The location changes every year, and this year was in North Ogden at my Aunt LeAnn's house.

The first night we got there we had a baby shower for our cousin Tyson's wife who was visiting from Nauvoo.  Then the card playing began. That is why I have no pictures of the first night.  

The next morning I caught these pictures of my cute kids watching some morning TV. Yes P is a boy, but Jared has a lot on his plate with school, work, and getting his flight instructor's rating so I got him. "Legally" I can bring him because he is under 1 year old! :)
 A little blurry, but priceless
 At the baby shower we had cupcakes with binkies(dummies) in them. The older kids thought it was fun to keep one for themselves. This is the younger kids in the morning!
 Let the craft craze begin!
 And more card playing
 R LOVED working on her crafts!
 While some of our crafts were drying we went to Maddox, a super busy place in the middle of nowhere! We were missing a lot, but had a great turn out! Yes I am in this picture, just 1/2 of me is cut out, and R is being blocked by her cousins.
 After a great lunch we headed to Crystal Hot Springs, even more in the middle of nowhere. It was the coolest thing. They are mineral  pools that are naturally heated. Even though it was only in the 50 degrees, the main pool was 98 degrees F. It was AMAZING! They had a few different pools, and the hottest one was over 100. The best part was they didn't stink!


 My Aunt Andy, Aunt LeAnn, P, and Aunt Vic-------R with some of her cousins


 My sisters Mindy and Missy with cousin Steffanie
 The main pool
 They had 2 pools that were chlorinated

 They also had a water slide that you could pay extra and go down unlimited . 
Kayla, Marlie, Maddie, and McKenna

 My cousin Dani and P
 Heading up to the slide


 More cousins and sisters



 These are funny. If you paid to just soak, you could go down the slide one time. After R and I went some of the bigger girls decided they could go. 

This is my sister Mindy. She lost her sled at the beginning, then fell into the slide trying to retrieve it. She didn't do very well the whole way down! Notice the splash! :)

 My sister Missy laughing at my sister Mindy the whole way down!
 Even my Aunt Andy and Aunt Vic went down!

 My mom and P
 My little fish is a great floater!
 That night the sunset was BEAUTIFUL!!!

 More game playing, both by the big and small girls
 Craft mess, nothing better!
 This is what R ended up with:

Name blocks
 and a pendent necklace
We only spent one night up in North Ogden because it was our wards Primary Program at 9am the next day. So we came home late Saturday night. This is why I hate traveling with babies. This is all the crap I had to bring for an overnight trip! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? P's suitcase isn't even in the picture!!!
Can't wait for next years Girl Party!!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

What a fun tradition! And the middle of nowhere? ha! You were close to my house!! well sort of. We love maddox and I haven't been to the hot springs yet but it's on our list!! looks like a blast!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Glad you had a better experience at Crystal Hot Springs than I did last time I was there. The girl party looks like a blast! Glad you had fun! :)

Christy said...

that sunset is amazing! it looks like so much fun! lucky, lucky you. :)