Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One Of My Favorites

In November we had family here from Australia. I was the VERY lucky one to take Uncle Jim and his friend Lou to one of my favorite places, Arches. I have never gone so late in the season, but it was perfect. Jacket weather the whole way(which was very odd). Because of the weather, it wasn't busy at all, which made it all more magical for me. I sat there and realized that I could sit there all day. Delicate Arch is one of my favorite places to be, and it's right in our backyard. I played around with my camera, and I think I got some awesome shots!

Jared's mom Diane was able to come too. It was perfect!

Double Arch

Every foreigner who comes to America wants to see the Grand Canyon. And every foreigner who I talk to, I explain that unless they plan on hiking down inside, its not worth the drive. Well I learned something on this trip down to Moab. There is a State Park where the turnoff is only 5 minutes north of Arches called Dead Horse Point. I had been there when I was younger and thought it was cool, but didn't think much of it. We decided to try it since we were down there already. Uncle Jim said "If you would have blindfolded me, and drove me here, I would have thought this was the Grand Canyon". It was a huge hit! So take a note for all those who have visitors, hit 2 birds with one stone and send them to Moab! Arches and "Grand Canyon".
A cool shot with the HUGE moon!
Another side
See, I was there :)
We left Springville about 7am and did one VERY LONG day in Moab. So we were on top for sunset.
Cool textures. I could have taken a hundred more!
The beautiful, HUGE, FULL moon I got to drive home with.
I love Moab and I love the red rocks. It is one of the places that can make me very happy. Thanks Uncle Jim and Lou for the chance to not only get away from the kids, but get away to one of my favorite places!!!

4 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Tracee your photos are awesome !! The arches are beautiful and can't wait to get there !!! We miss you guys heaps xx

Darwin + Kiara said...

Ni-ice pictures, Trace! I'm still jealous of your camera. Someday we'll get a better one, along with our 2nd vehicle ;)

Christy said...

so much fun! and how nice to have a little break from your kids for a while. i've been to arches twice and loved it both times. such an amazing place!

Lora said...

I love arches and you captured it beautifully! What fantastic photos!!

xo