As many of you know, January 26th is Australia Day. It is Australia's independence day. R is working on the whole National Anthem, but that is as far as she has learned! I think its super cute!
We celebrated Australia Day on the 27th because we don't get the day off here, so Friday worked much better! Everyone pitched in, and we had some yummy Aussie grub! Chocolate Crackles, Lamingtons, Sugar cookies in the shape of Australia and kangaroos, Milo biscuits, Fairy Bread, Vanilla Slice, Cream Buns, Meat Pies, Sausage Rolls, and Ginger Beer. If your mouth isn't watering by now, you aren't a true Aussie! :)
Jessie, Louisa, Micah, and Lila
The kiddos: Sydney, R, and Damion
Emma and Ethan
Jamie and Rebecca
Sarah, Angelica, neighbor friends, and Laura
Josh and Eliza
Darwin, Aurora, and Kiara
Becca and Jimmy
What better Aussie kid shot. Eating a Lamington while holding up the flag!
My girl LOVES Ginger Beer!
Fairy Bread was a HUGE hit with the boy!
Even if he was a distracted eater!
Cousins!
Drinkin' buddies! LOL!!! Starting them young!
R getting ready to play tunnel ball!
The 2 teams
The little kids version
The mom's keeping the little ones out of the way of the game
My beautiful family!
Matchie Match
More eating done by P. He is licking the Vegemite off the cracker
Posing
Then showing off the aftermath
Then the cricket gear was brought out. Nothing better than indoor cricket. Makes EVERYONE on edge, even if they aren't playing.
Dar
Jims
Even R got in on the action
Jared showing off his bowling skills
My goodie basket that I got to take home! YUM!!!!!
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
Happy Australia Day!!!!
6 comments:
Can you email the photos that you took of Ethan and me? The one you have here on your blog and the one that you took of us standing up. Thanks much! :)
Also, "Veggiemite?" Tracee! That's not how you spell it. ;)
"Vegemite" darling would be the correct spelling !!! Also I thought you were playing cricket not baseball. You bowl the ball not pitch it !!! You obviously weren't in the country long enough !! LOL.
Great pics of everyone dressed so well in all their Aussie gear. Now I just need to send you the paper so that you can scrapbook them !!
I absolutely love the pic of P "posing" it cracked me up so bad !!! Just like his dad !! Glad you guys had such a great time celebrating an awesome day.
How fun! the food looks DELISH!
I can't believe your baby is getting so BIG!
Your pics turned out WAY better than ours! I definitely need copies. And, the food was delish...until I got the flu. Not sure if I can eat all the Aussie goodness again next year. I can probably go for an Aussie burger though. Let's plan a BBQ!! :)
P.S. Since you were telling me about trying to feed the kids spaghetti-o's the other day, I saw this link on one of the food blogs on my list. You won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to make it from scratch ;)
http://kathiecooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/homemade-spaghetti-ohs.html
Post a Comment