Jared had to work Christmas Eve, so we did all of our traditions the night before. His shift started at 7pm so before he left we went to the Festival of Lights. It was GREAT! My kids thought it was so cool, because we let them sit in the front with us(yes, it is still safe- you only go like 2 miles an hour).
Mr. P thinking he is so cool. He ended up driving with me part of the way.
R and Jared
There was a section of lights shaped as dinosaurs, and R was naming them. Then she saw this one and called it a "swim-a-saurus" . We just went with it!
Checking out all the lights. It was really hard to get good pictures while driving. :)
R informed us that this was NOT a lighthouse, but Rapunzel's tower! Again, we just went with it!
Christmas morning. The kids are wearing their new PJs that they got to open Christmas Eve.
P wasn't very interested in unwrapping the presents. So we did most of it for him.
Checking out his cool new toy!
So R had asked Santa for a dollhouse. She had opened all her presents from Santa with no dollhouse. I then pointed out the tray that had the cookies on them and found this letter:
"Dear R,
You have been a very good girl this year. I received your letter and know you wanted a dollhouse. I'm sorry it was too big and heavy, but follow the arrows to your little surprise. Love Santa P.S. I love the cookies and milk."
So we found these heading upstairs
Then these into the room where my parents tree was
And R found this! She must have been REALLY good this year. She didn't even know that it had an attic until I was holding her and she could see it! It the dollhouse of all dollhouses!!! We recorded the whole process hoping for a cool reaction, but she was just dumbfounded. It was GREAT!!!!
Our tree with our mess
My parents bought all the grand kids new church clothes. We were trying to get a group shot and I just loved this one of P, so I zoomed in on it! What a handsome devil!
All the kids. Check out R and Kayla's matching dresses. They looked SO cute!
Then the "sisters" with matching sweaters on!
Then we headed down to Santaquin for Christmas with the McSweeneys
R and her Santa sack.
Then we had a great big dinner and headed back home for games with the Bolens!!! It was a great Christmas. I love everything about Christmas and sad to see it come and go so fast!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas !!! OMG Ella went nuts over R's doll house. R must have been very, very, very good this year !!!! It kind of outdoes my doll house but not quite !!!! P looks so very handsome in his church clothes. I just want to eat him all up. Glad you guys had such a great xmas and the matching sweaters are cute !!!
how fun! and that dollhouse looks pretty amazing. merry christmas, mcsweeneys!
Post a Comment