Pumped and excited!
Getting her game face on
Mark, get set, GO!!!!!!
A different view from my dad's camera
She didn't come in the top 3, but got a ribbon and a free voucher for ice cream!
After the 50 meters, she decided that she wanted to run with the "older" kids ages 5-6. They ran 800 meters around the park.
She did AWESOME!!!!
She made it!!! The finish line!
The 2 runners!
In her "running" pose!
After all the races the parents of the little girl explained that when their daughter died, neighbors and friends had placed flowers, toys, and balloons in their yard. At the end of the day the family decided to let them all go. So in memory of that, they had balloons placed around the whole park and everyone was able to get one and release it when the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" began to play. I can't lie, I became a little teary eyed.
R got hers
Watching all the balloons float up to the sky!
It was a great cause and a great experience for my little runner! This is definitely on our calendar for next year!
2 comments:
R you're a STAR !!! Great running there girl with a very determined look. What a great thing to do at the end, I got teary just reading it. I love that song so much and a perfect way to finish off the day.
Good job, R! You guys (or at least Jared & R) need to plan to come do the Running with Angels 5k with us next year at Thanksgiving Point too. I know we'll be doing that one every year!
Post a Comment