Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Sun

 Summer is in full swing here, and we are taking EVERY advantage of it!! This is how we spent one lovely afternoon. 

Me and the girl hiking on a trail up Mapleton Canyon
 This is an easy hike that follows a river/stream
 R wanted to play photographer
 Her turn in the picture. She said "I'm Santa Clause", while saying "ho, ho, ho"
On the way back she decided to go through the river instead of using the log bridge.
 Cute girl and her walking stick
 At one part along the riverbank there were TONS of these butterflies. It was SOOOO cool.
 

 Then when we came home, and I decided to give my car a wash. Plus any excuse to play in the water is great! R decided to call her friend Juliet to come "help" us.
 P thought he was pretty cool with the hose.
 He did more playing in the water rather than rinsing off the car!
 Child labor??? NO, I ended up going over the whole thing after they left! :)
 Another one of R's friend Raini rode past on her bike while I was in the house. 
Next thing I know she is back with her swimming suit on.
 Hard at work
 Then to the "pool" to cool down. The water was FREEZING so they all pulled chairs next to the little pool and only stuck their feet in.
 P was the first brave one in.
 They eventually all made it in, and had a great time. 
Water+Princess dolls+3 Little Girls= Hours of Fun
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!

2 comments:

Donna Moore said...

How much fun did that afternoon look !!! I miss summer BADLY !!! I miss getting out in the sunshine and having a great time. We are in the midst of a cold and wet winter :(

Lora said...

What a fun day and I LOVE that you go hiking so much! We are trying to get out more and more but we end up carrying Elleah a lot of the time so it makes longer hikes not so great (at least for Mike) I really hope she can build it up-it looks like R is a champ!