Tuesday, September 4, 2012

R starts Kindergarten!

 I don't know who was more excited me or her! I kept telling myself that she will only be there for 2 1/2 hours. She has been at friends house longer than that!

 She loves her backpack. It lights-up! P thinks its pretty cool too!! It was so hard to try to find a backpack that didn't drowned her. Even the character backpacks were too big!
 This boy LOVES his sister!
 Her "skinny" jeans, REALLY makes her look super skinny!
 She was so excited to go and wait for the bus. We were 20 minutes early. She kept asking "Are you sure this is where the bus comes?" I would say yes, to which she would say "but where are all the kids?". I said you are 20 minutes early!

So we found some time for a few quick funny pictures!
 And one of us!
 Beyond ready at this point!
 She got SOOOOO excited when she saw the bus coming down the road!
 Me getting a little teary eyed! No tears I am proud to say!
 The boy behind R is Miles. Miles is Juliet's (R's BFF) older brother. Their stop is the last one, so open seats are limited. Miles let R sit with him and his friend. What a stud!!
 Of course I couldn't be done there. R had asked me earlier in the week if I would follow the bus down for the first day. I said with a big grin on my face, YES!!! So I met her at the bus drop of zone at the school and I followed her to her class.
 We found her cubby for her backpack, and found her table! She started to act really shy and almost scared, so I quickly left so that she wouldn't get sad.
 The bus company told me the time that she would be dropped off. I found myself anxiously waiting for that time. I even left the house 5 minutes before-just in case! Don't laugh, the stop is right outside our house!  

The bus pulled up and she came out. She did it! My big girl had finished her first day of school, and loved it. She made 2 friends. Caroline, and another girl that she can't remember her name! :)

My favorite R moments of the morning:

R-"Enough with the pictures already"- just to clear my name, that was before I had even taken one!!

Me-"Did you miss me?"
R- "Nope, sure didn't"

R-"It took FOREVER to get home" - because we are the last stop! :)

She is totally a school kid. The first thing she did when walking into the house was head straight to the fridge, opened it up and said "I'm hungry"!!

4 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Congrats R on your first day of school and only 2 1/2 hours. E was straight in there for the full 5 hours. Have very brave you are to catch the bus all by yourself !!!

You are a true school kid when you come home and go straight to the fridge !!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

So cute. I'm glad the first day was a good experience. How funny is it that I was getting teary eyed reading your post? I guess that's what happens when I've been there for just about every mile stone she's hit in her life so far. Love you, R!

Christy said...

awe, she's so cute and i love the excitement. i swear i was just reading your email about R's birth and freaking out about my own impending delivery. how on earth did we get here?!? :)

Lora said...

you have a child in kindergarten?! ahh. She is darling!