My sisters weren't able to make it this year, but we brought Kayla along with us.
This was Kayla's first airplane ride. She didn't want by the window at first,
but quickly changed her mind, once we were in the air! After being asked so many questions during the first 20 minutes, I decided to write down EVERY question she asked about the airplane. Lets just say it took up a whole piece of paper!
Gilbert had been in the 90's all week, until we got there. Then it dropped into the high 70's low 80's. But that didn't stop us from hitting the pool right away. We had our own private pool in the backyard. It was AMAZING!
It had a step that you can see along the bottom of the pool, that became a large play area for little kids at the bottom left. A waterfall that you could jump off of, and a slide that came around the waterfall.
We LOVED it!!!
R even got brave enough to go down the slide by herself. I had to catch her at the bottom, but she loved it!
Jumping from the waterfall!
Chillaxin'
The cooler evening temps didn't stop us from being in the pool! The pool lights were awesome!
We arrived Thursday evening, and Friday evening I drove to the Dull's new house, and picked up Charlie for a sleepover. She fit right in with all the girls! R was SOOOOO excited to have Charlie with her!
These girls went straight into the pool the next morning.
Me, Charlie, Kayla, Kylie(Mike's new wife), and R! I actually think my mom made it into the picture in the back! :)
Getting warm.
Taking a break from the pool and making one of the crafts. By far the winner with the little girls. Making friendship bracelets!
Left to Right: Maddie, Paige, Kayla, me, Charlie, and R
Saturday evening Ali came and was going to go to dinner with us, but her kitchen had flooded. So she needed to head back. So our time with the Dulls was short, but still great to get a hug in!
At dinner!
There weren't as many crafts done this year, because everyone wanted to be outside swimming. But that didn't stop the MANY, MANY games of May-I!!!!
Even Jessie and R played some cards!
One of the "crafts" was a manicure set. You could untwist the lid like a normal nail polish and have the brush. Or you could pull off the top and it was like a pen tip. I REALLY enjoyed doing this in between things. I LOVE doodling, and this was like doodling with nail polish. I am planning on buying some of these nail polishes soon.
Sunday before heading to the airport, we drove past the Gilbert Arizona Temple (LDS temple), that is still under construction.
All together we had 17 girls this year. Aunt Vic, Cori, Maddie, Krista, Paige, Jessie, Patrice, Me, R, Kayla, Kylie, Aunt LeAnn, McKenna, Aunt Andy, Courtney, Dani, and Aunt Jax.
3 comments:
Wow that looks like an awesome trip !! The pool looks amazing. I don't think you would have gotten my kids out of it. Love the Aussie flag towel and also love the nail polish. I don't think that we have it here :(
Also LOVE the new cover photo. Might have to steal that idea but wont have the kids on our shoulders !!!!
So, so fun! I'm glad you girls were able to go and have a good time. We had fun having your boys over one night to keep them company for you :) We really should plan a McDemey/Hjorth vacation together for next summer. What do you say?
how fun! you're making me anxious for a girls trip of my own! and i can't believe you swam when it was in the 70s! was the pool heated? we are true arizonans now... if it's not above 90, i'm not getting in! ;)
Post a Comment