Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Patch


 As much as I hate the cold weather, I do LOVE fall.  I love the colors, the smells, and of course all the fall activities to do!!!  Going to a pumpkin patch was one thing I REALLY missed while living in Australia. In October they got "Jack-o-lantern" pumpkins in the store, but were SOOOOO over priced. It kind-of took the fun out of carving pumpkins!

We are lucky enough to have Jake's Pumpkin Patch very close to our house. They have more than just a pumpkin patch, and we love going. They have a little maze made out of straw bales, that my kids enjoyed.
 R hiding from Jared in the maze!
 My happy little lady!
 She is such a poser! And NO I didn't not put her this way!
 My silly little man. I LOVED how he put his arm on the pumpkin on his own! No posing here either!

 The hunt is on
 trying to find the perfect one!
 Jared found his first!
 then P, silly copycat!
 Then my little lady!
 R said her pumpkin was too heavy to carry all the way back. I told her I would carry it, and she was in charge of her little brother! She took that responsibility on like a champ!
 Then we went on a tractor ride. P's highlight BY FAR!!!!
 My cute little family! I love hayrides, but I hate the pokey straw that stays on your pants and
 keeps poking you after the ride is over.
 Then they have a pit filled with dried corn. P wanted NOTHING to do with it at first.
 R took her shoes and socks off and jumped right in!
 I had to get in on the fun too! Don't mind the hair, it was REALLY windy that day!
 P got a little more brave!
I can't wait to paint our pumpkins. 
Yes carving is what you are suppose to do, 
but with kids its MUCH easier to paint!

1 comment:

Lora said...

Oh Trace you have such a darling family! That place looks like a blast! I love that last picture of P he's such a little man! xo