Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Art City Days 2013

 We started the weekend off right with waking the kids up early and going and seeing the hot air balloons. 
We were VERY close to one.
 They both touched one. 
I missed R touching it. She did it so fast because she thought she would get into trouble!
 I had to post this one just because of P's face!!!

 My cute little family!
 The 3 people I love most!
 Filling the balloons!
 Jared even got to help with one.
 I LOVE this picture!
 Its SOOOO much better in person!

 Then Saturday morning we went to the parade. R and Kayla were in the parade.

 Here they come.
 Finally seeing us!
 Damion made it in the parade too!
 All week, the city hosts different competitions and my niece Kayla won one at the swimming pool. It qualified her to play for a "grand" prize at the free concert before the fireworks. There were 2 other winners who she had to compete against.
 Each contestant had a dozen eggs, all numbered 1-12 and only one hard boiled. The guy in charge would take turns asking each contestant a question.  If they answered correctly, they were safe. If they answered wrong, they would pick a number on an egg and the "helper" aka Missy would smash that egg. If the egg was raw, the contestant was still in the game.  Some rounds they just had to pick a number.
 Well lo and behold, Kayla got all raw eggs and won! Over $700 worth of stuff. 60% of which she will never personally use, but it sure made Missy happy!
 Missy and I trying out the new chairs Kayla won!
 The concert was actually really good. They were a group who dressed, acted and sang just like the Beatles.
 My kids climbed into one of the chairs to watch the fireworks. It worked out lovely!
I LOVE Art City Days.
The memories I have, and the new memories I am making with my own kids!

1 comment:

Donna Moore said...

The family always have so much fun !! and congrats to R and Damion for being IN the parade !!! One proud cousin here !!