Growing up my family would have parties with friends on the years that we turned an even number. Then on the odd years, cake and ice cream with family and dinner with parents and 2-3 friends. Jared and I have decided that we are keeping that tradition alive. With R turning 6 she wanted a Tinkerbell party. So this is what we came up with.
The invitations
I made each kid their own "pixie dust"
they would put beads on them at the party.
I made the 2 boys Peter Pan hats. Unfortunately my kids were playing with Damions before the party and lost it. UGG!
R's actual birthday was on a Sunday. With the party being the next day, we decided to give her our present on Sunday. R hiding her face,
and being surprised!
She got a new bike from us, Grandma Trease, and Bob.
Next day was party day.
I think her cake turned out pretty cute!
When party guests arrived they each got either green or pink fairy wings, a Tinkerbell cup, Pixie Sticks, stick on earrings, and a magic wand.
Don't worry, the boys got Peter Pan hats instead of wings,
and a sword instead of a magic wand.
I hung balloons from a tree.
We played a few games which didn't turn out like I had hoped, but this is a few of them playing Fairy Freeze Dance.
Then we decorated our pixie dust. This took longer then planned, and the kids liked it. Which made up for the unenthusiastic games.
Everyone from left to right:
Kayla, Lila, Rori, Hadley, Hazel, Paige, Raini, Tayler, Juliet(R's BFF), Bithday girl, Sydney, Damion, and Trizidee.
The cute birthday girl! She wore rainbow wings!
And yes, she is wearing the same dress as her birthday last year.
She picked it out, and wanted to wear it because it was green like Tinkerbell!
Whats a Mom to do?
And yes, she is wearing the same dress as her birthday last year.
She picked it out, and wanted to wear it because it was green like Tinkerbell!
Whats a Mom to do?
Present time!
Keeping cool in the shade!
I loved seeing all the little fairies running around!
Cake time!
Savannah also impressed everyone with her skills!
This girl is LOVED!
She got so much stuff!
Annual picture with the birthday sign! She was SO anti-doing this. So I told her she could have fun with it, and unfortunately this was the best!
The inside of the cake. I thought it was very cool. The middle layer is bright pink, green cake, with purple frosting! Very Tinkerbell-ish!
I can't believe that my baby girl is 6 already! Sometimes she acts as if she is 5 going on15. She is a very spunky, sassy, smart, and creative little girl. She amazes me everyday. I love her so much, and am so happy to be her mom!
1 comment:
Such fun pictures! I can't believe she's 6 either. Where does the time go? Will you email the picture of Savy standing in Dar's hand to me please?
Post a Comment