Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Little Runner

 My little lady loves to run. She is always wanting me to ride the bike around with her so she can run. I wish my knees were better that I could run with her, but they hurt so bad when I try.  She had been running around 2 1/2 miles each time without stopping. There was a free 5K on Pioneer Day, July 24th, and I decided that she should try it. The theme of the run was "Temple to Temple". It would start at the Provo Temple and end across the street from where the new Downtown Provo Temple is being built. The route was either downhill or pretty flat so it was a good trial run for her.

 When we registered for the race we didn't know if Jared would be working so my mom offered to run with her.

 Luckily Jared had it off and was able to run. This is the whole group. Right to left: Kiara and Darwin's neighbor, Kiara, Savannah, EvaLynn, Mitch, R, Grandma Trease, Jared, the front Rori, Darwin and P. 
 I was the lucky one who got to hang with Savannah while everyone ran.
 I couldn't believe how many people were in this race.
 P was VERY sad when Jared and R headed to the starting line which was a block away up the hill from where I was. I told him to take P with him, then when he got to me I would take him and Jared could catch up with R. Well, this is who I saw first. P had climbed into the stroller with Rori. They said that he was doing fine and could ride with them.
 Then this beautiful looking group ran by.
R had her whole onterage.
 I then packed the baby in my car and headed a little more than half way, and got out and waited. Again, the Demings and P were the first to go by. They said he was doing great and could ride the rest of the way with them. 
 Ev really was there, she was just on the other side of the road and didn't make it in the shot! We thought they would have water stations along the route, so we didn't have water ready. If I would have known that I would have had water at this point for the group.
 I then raced to the finish line and tried to call my mom to see where they were, and I missed the picture of them running across the finish line. If you look closely behind the man in the black shirt on the far left you can see R and the finish line sign!
 SHE DID IT!!!!!
 VERY thirsty, but she did it WITHOUT stopping!!!
 All the runners! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!
This was Mitch and Ev's first 5K too!
It was a free 5K, but if you wanted a shirt and a racing chip you could pay $8. R had a racing chip which ended up being pretty cool. It told us all her stats!

Chip Time: 44:12
Pace: 14:15
Overall Place: 924
Gender Place: 538
Division Place: 63

Not to shabby for a 6 year old. To talk her up a little more the division was 1-14 year olds. That is like R running against Kaden's age kids. Then there were a lot of kids on scooters, and in strollers. I think that she did amazing! I asked her if she would want to do another one, and she said YES!!!!

No comments: