Monday, September 23, 2013

Hurricane 2013

 We usually get to go to Hurricane over the 24th of July weekend. The house wasn't available, so we thought we wouldn't be able to go this year. Emma called and said I think we might be able to go over Labor Day weekend. It all worked out and we were able to go!

It was brilliant. The sun wasn't so hot, and the pool was usually at least 1/2 in the shade for the kids. I didn't put sunscreen on my kids the whole weekend. Plus with it being a 3 day weekend we were able to spend an extra day!

 My little man kept stealing his cousins tube. The floaties we had didn't work very well for him, so he was usually floating around like this!
 MAJOR breakthrough! R isn't afraid to go underwater. We had been practicing at Seven Peaks Water Park, and was a pro by the time we got to Hurricane.
 My little fish!
 After putting floaties on her she was good to go down the slide, another major breakthrough!
 Water babies!
 The cousins except Lila and Brighton!
 We also worked on swimming.
To my surprise (and hers included), she can actually swim! Face in the water, not plugging her nose, and using 2 hands to swim!! YAY baby!!!
 In between pool time we played on their four wheelers, rhino, and electric scooters.
 My passengers when I took the Rhino out.
 This boy loves the water!

 Me and Emma.
Don't worry, Hallie isn't drowning behind us!
 What an awesome picture!
So much action in this picture!





Hurricane 2010




Hurricane 2011




Hurricane 2013
 Patiently waiting to get into the pool!

 Slide time again!


 On the down time this usually ended up happening.
Our very own concert!
I LOVE this picture!
 Or game playing,
 by both young and old!
 We also took time away from the pool to watch a horribly played BYU game,
 and ate "Y" cookies!
Thanks Emma for making this trip happen! I love getting away for a few days with the family. 
Something about warmer weather, a pool, food, family and games makes me so happy. 
I loved having the extra day down there too!

2 comments:

Louisa said...

It's funny that you posted this, because I was planning on finally posting about Hurricane tonight! :)

Emma said...

You're welcome! It's always a good time. I was wondering where your 2012 photo was and then I realized I took the Nelsons last year. Haha! I can't believe the changes in the kids. You really have to look at the photos to remember they haven't always been as big as they are now. ;)