I was planning on celebrating, but doing nothing over-the -top for the holiday. Then my sister called asking if her kids could hang out with us because she had to work graveyards, and Dan had to work early the next morning so he wasn't doing anything. I got into party planning mode, and I think pulled a pretty good party off!
First was making party hats.
Then "photo booth" time.
I think these boys are so dang cute!
Then we made homemade doughnuts!
The girls were REALLY into this!
The boys were taught a new game with Grandma.
This last activity was by far the biggest hit with the kids, and the biggest surprise to me.
Glow stick dancing!
They could have done this for hours, and I'm not exagerating!!
I bought a few packs of glow sticks from the dollar store,
then found some colored flashlight rings to add!
Turned some music on, and they were having a blast!
Then it was almost midnight, so we grabbed our party hats...
...and headed outside to do sparklers!
Then had to come back in for a late night Just Dance 2014!!!!
I actually didn't get to all the "projects" I had planned. The kids had such a blast. I also have to say that I am brilliant. We started at 7pm, but had changed all the clocks forward 2 hours. So then when the kids noticed the time they were AMAZED that they were still awake at 10pm! :) The older boys knew what we had done, but the younger 4 totally believed that they were up until after midnight! We even got to watch the ball drop. Thanks NYC for being 2 hours ahead! I had the other kids home, and my kids in bed and asleep by 10:45pm. It was BRILLIANT!!!
2 comments:
you're such a fun mom trace! i love how you just threw all this together! i would have been totally stressed out but it seems like you take it all in stride. i wanna come to one of your parties!
thanks for coming to the rescue and letting my kids have a great new years instead of a boring one with Dan!! Your the best Aunt!
Post a Comment