I love celebrating Australia Day. Its a married-into tradition, which I have picked up on really quickly! My in-laws always go all out, and its awesome!
I do have to stop and brag a little bit. I am NOT a seamstress. My family can tell you that I screwed up making a pillow case once. I'm not ashamed to say that, but I have been "messing around" with my sewing machine. I can now claim, that I am a little better with my skills, but still a novice!
Anyway, If you look closely I first made all the grandsons on the McSweeney side ties out of material Emma picked from Australia for me. Then trying to figure out what I wanted to do for R, I made a skirt from a pair of shorts! YAY me!!!! Then to top it off I added a ruffle with the same material! Ok, enough about me! :)
Hallie and P
This is what P's plate consisted of. Rolls of vegemite, and fairy bread. I think he cleaned the whole tray of the Vegemite ones. Didn't touch his meat pie! Silly boy! By the way I think his face is super funny in this pic!
THE FOOD!!!!!
Check out all those meat pies and sausage rolls!
Mia and R
The loot!
Then the little kids played a game of pass the parcel
Everyone got a prize!
My cute family again!
Darwin, Kiara, Aurora, and Savannah Deming and
Jimmy, Becca, and Whitney Hjorth came to celebrate with us.
I proudly put the tattoo onWhitney's head! :)
Emma made these awesome Aussie Songbooks.
They have the McSweeneys favorites! They turned out great!
We even got to Skype with Grandpa Paul who is in Australia!!
Time for games!
Pass the boomerang!
Lila and P
These are some of my favorite shots.
My little kids drinking from the Ginger Beer bottle!
Tired baby Whit!
Then we split up into 3 teams. 2 adult teams and 1 for the kids to play captain ball...
...and tunnel ball. Good job Rori!
All the grandkids with Grandma!
Last but not least, cricket time!
It was a GREAT celebration.
Can't wait until next year, Happy Australia Day!
2 comments:
What a great tradition! UMM... Trace you are incredible!! What are you saying you can't sew? they look adorable!
really fun tradition! and i agree with lora, those turned out great! what CAN'T tracee do is what i wanna know! :)
Post a Comment