For Christmas, Reagan got her own Book of Mormon with her name embossed on it. She didn't have anything to carry it in, so I came up with the brilliant idea of making one. Only catch is that she would be doing most of the work.
My little lady did more than 75% of the work. She pinned the patterns on the material, and helped cut them out. She helped pin the pieces together and then sewed them together. I even took time to teach her how to thread a sewing machine.
I could have finished the project in less than half the time it took her, but she couldn't be more proud. I couldn't be more proud of her either.
The finished product. Again, I'm not a seamstress, but we were able to pull this off!
She wanted a little pocket on the side to hold pens and pencils, so I just made one up.
I love "mom and me" time!
Next sewing project: Sock Monkey!
1 comment:
Good work both of you, way above my sewing expertise which is a big fat 0. What a great project.
Post a Comment