Saturday, June 7, 2014

Spring Break

 During spring break, my mom watched my sister's kids for the week.  She found a steal of a deal on hotel rooms in St. George, so we headed down on Thursday April 10th.
 After we arrived, the first things all the kids (myself included) wanted to do was hit the pool. It was a beautiful 80'. 
 Friday was really our only full day there so we jam packed it with AWESOME adventures. 
First, we left early to head a little out of town to hike Red Cliffs. Its an easy, but VERY popular hike to do in the spring because of the amount of water in the falls. I had read that parking is limited so we headed straight there after breakfast and had no problem with parking!

 The lower part of the falls
 Kaden was a big help with my little man. 
 But P held his own most of the time!
 The upper falls. 
These picture don't do the coloring justice. The rocks are a gorgeous deep red with the water flowing over them.

 Me and my silly bunch!
 My mom and I!
 Seriously, not even close to the real thing!
 I love the red sandstone!
 Then we headed across the freeway a bit to Sand Hallow Reservoir. Its a beautiful reservoir with amazing red sand. The state is still trying to make it "better", but we still had fun!
 My boy and his first sandcastle!

 The girls and their sandcastle!
 Then we headed back to the hotel for a little more swim time!

 Then we went hiking AGAIN!
 I LOVE to hike in southern Utah! 
These were easy walks around and on top of Dixie Rock.
 I love how independent my kids are when it comes to hiking!
 The grand-kids!
 Fun shadows on top of Dixie Rock
 Kaden and Kayla were the only ones brave enough to hike "the crack".
I would like to try it again sometime soon!
 We found an arch! I like this picture. 
The moon is on top of Kyler's fist!
 More shadow fun!


 Then we headed back to the hotel to sleep.
The next morning after breakfast, the only thing the kids wanted to do before heading home, was SWIM. So they jumped right in!

 After checkout  we wandered around the new Children's Museum in St. George.





 It was a short trip, but the weather was AMAZING! 
Thanks again MOM!

No comments: