Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Words Out

I don't know why I kept this one on such the low down, but I did.  My sister actually posted something on Facebook about me being pregnant, and I knew the word would get out whether I liked it or not. So I decided to let everyone know. 

My kids were actually really good about not saying too much. So this is how we told our kids what the gender was of our baby. I bought suckers and made them close their eyes, and put the suckers in their mouth. Then on the count of 3 they pulled them out to reveal the blue or pink sucker! It worked pretty well.
                            

P was wanting a baby girl, and R wanted a baby boy. With one of each already, it didn't really matter to me. 

Here are a few pics from our ultrasound. She didn't cooperate very well. She was really wiggly, and kept her hands in fists up by her face. So we didn't get the best pics. Then I just took pics of the print out with the iPad, so the quality is even worst!

Either way here she is...

 The bottom of her little foot.
 I have a feeling she is going to have cubed feet like my other two! :)

Her little hand in a fist!
Then of course the gender pic. 
This she had to check a few times, because she wouldn't stay still!

This pregnancy, by far has been the worst! We ended up telling the kids I was pregnant while in Chicago. I felt really bad about having to go back to the hotel so early in the evenings (because I was starting to get so sick). We told our parents when we got back because I couldn't hide my sickness. It was a good thing, because I went downhill fast. 

The next month and a half I could have definitely done without. It was by far the WORST morning/all day sickness out of my 3. I couldn't sit up more than 5 minutes without throwing up. At 7 weeks I tried to get in with a doctor, but they didn't start seeing new expecting moms until 8 weeks.  Luckily they called in meds for me at 7 weeks. The meds helped me not throw up every 5 minutes, but I was still SUPER nauseated that I couldn't sit up for more than the 5 minutes without the urge of wanting to throw up. I lived on the couch, and never in my life have I felt more lucky to live at home than at this time.  My sister was actually living at home too, and between my parents and her, my kids got along just fine without me! It was hard having Jared away with work so much too. I would be super sick and emotional and FaceTime him.  It was more of an emotional venting, because he couldn't have done anything if he were with me. I feel bad now, because it really made him sad that he couldn't help me. I lived on soup and crackers for that month and a half and lost tons of weight/muscle. :( It was an accomplishment one sunny afternoon, that I made it outside to sit on the porch in the sun. I slowly but surely made way to walking once around the block with P. 

Around 13 weeks I finally started to feel a little more normal (still on meds). I actually started going back to the gym, VERY slowly though. 

I am now at 21 weeks and am feeling her move all the time. Her favorite time to practice kickboxing is as I am trying to go to sleep. Luckily they don't hurt yet, they are more of the flutter still. R was actually able to feel her move for the first time this morning. P tried, but she wouldn't. He kept saying "silly baby".  I feel like my belly is already the size of a 40 week pregnant lady. It actually scares me how big I already am, and how fast I am putting on weight and I'm only half way done. I'm not big on belly pictures, so don't expect one! :) 

I really am trying to enjoy this honeymoon part of pregnancy!
 I'm just not a very pleasant pregnant lady! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so so excited for you, and yet so sorry you've been so sick! I'm glad you're doing alright though and can actually have your regular schedule! If you need anything please let me know! I'd be happy to come down and help or take your kids for the day!
xo

Missy and Dan said...

sorry to make you announce it sooner than you wanted! :-)