Sunday, March 29, 2015

Welcoming Spring

 The first day of spring was a BEAUTIFUL day.
R didn't have school that day, so I decided to take my kids
 to an old favorite hiking place of mine. 

In high school I spend many hours here.
I loved hiking on the red rocks, and being away.
This place has many good memories. 

The kids were great sports about appeasing me. 
They were also great hikers!


 I love the red rocks!
 We made it too the top! 
R liked this picture.
She said she felt like Pocahontas!
We decided this was a great spot for our picnic. 
R picked a flat rock on the edge. 
 P and I ended up just sitting on the dirt!
 See R on her little rock! :)
 Going down, my kids were a little more hesitant,
because towards the top was really sandy, and slippery.
So they chose the best alternative way of hiking down...sliding down on their bums.
 Me and my little man on the way down!
 Stopping to ride the rock horse!
 We made it back down!
 Then we headed across the street to the river to throw rocks. 
I laugh at this picture because it shows their dirty bums from sliding down!
I LOVE this picture of my baby girl and me!

A view from the parking lot!
Hiking in the place made me in such a good mood all day! 
The weather, the place, and with my amazing kids, who couldn't be in a good mood?!?!

No comments: