R had another full week off from school. We had a pretty low key week up until the weekend. We started our "spring break" bright and early Friday morning with a drive to Bountiful. My friend and former boss, Kim Buhler(now Thomas)was getting married at the LDS Bountiful Temple. We had to be there at 8:30am. It was a beautiful ceremony with A LOT of family and friends supporting them.
P at the front of the temple
and my little poser R too!
This was just a picture on R's camera that I liked!
A little backstory. I started working for Kim when R was about 6 months old and Caitlin(pictured on the right) was in kindergarten(Caitlin is now in 7th grade). I worked there until we moved to Australia for 18 months, then came back and I worked for them again. I quit last May. So my kids have grown up the the Buhler kids, and have been like little siblings to them.
After the wedding we headed to the wedding luncheon, also in Bountiful.
After the luncheon, we headed to Hill Aerospace Museum,
right next to the actual Air Force Base.
I had never been before, and knew if any of my kids would love it, it would be P!
I was right on the money!
R actually really enjoyed herself too!
So my baby girl(wait, can't say that anymore), my little lady has become overly obsessed with all things geography! She has memorized all the states and locations, state capitals, state flags, state landmarks, and has moved out of the country to memorizing things outside of the US. So in the very back of the museum(which I'm sure nobody really looks at) were a line of all the state's flags. R was SUPER excited naming off the different ones without looking at the label! Funny girl, but this was probably her highlight of the museum!
Then we headed outside to see the planes on display that are too big to be housed indoors.
P decided this shade of this wing would be a perfect spot to stop and do some push-ups!
This kid cracks me up!
He was usually far ahead of R and I, checking things out for himself!
While we were walking through the museum I felt a little bad because Jared wasn't with us. I told the kids "sorry dad isn't here, I'm sure he could tell you A LOT more about each of these planes" to which R replied "yeah, but then it would have been A LOT more boring!" I couldn't help but laugh!
After the museum we headed to the "highlight" of spring break..... the HOTEL!!! Yes Bountiful/Layton is only 1 1/2 hours away, but I thought I would make it a fun weekend. We checked in, and I realized quickly that we needed to slide a chair next to the window. Our hotel was in Layton right by the active Air Force Base. Every jet P would hear he would run and climb on the air vent to try to see the planes. Trying not to break the air vent we slid the chair over for much easier viewing capabilities.
Then of course we headed straight for the pool!
After swimming we showered and cleaned up before heading out to eat for dinner. Then we came back to the hotel to change for my cousin's wedding reception about 15 minutes further north in Ogden.
This beautiful couple is my cousin Trevor and his new wife Kayla.
We missed the wedding, but were able to attend their reception that night!
We missed the wedding, but were able to attend their reception that night!
Then we RACED back to the hotel for another dip in the pool before bedtime!
Lets just say, with the early start and the day FULL of fun things they fell asleep really quickly!
The next morning we sadly checked out of the hotel and headed south to Salt Lake. We stopped in Taylorsville for my niece Hallie's baptism. I actually didn't take any pictures, but here was her invitation. Again it was a beautiful event, and couldn't be more proud of her, for her decision.
So the hotel kept us from driving back and forth all day, and gave my kids a much needed break throughout the day. We were planning on flying to Phoenix after the baptism, but with all the craziness that proceeded, it was too much and we decided not to go. Which I am actually pretty happy about, because P became sick Saturday night. Mommy intuition I think! Overall it was a busy, but great spring break!



No comments:
Post a Comment