Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tis The Season!

We have the tradition of decorating the house for Christmas on the first Monday of December. Last year was very hard for me because it was almost a week into December. This year was the BEST. The first day of December we get to decorate!!! I'm just wondering how long the bottom half of our tree will stay decorated thanks to R.
Because we live in apartment we don't have a fireplace to hang our stockings. So last year I made this shelf. I still am pretty proud of it! Yes this is R's second Christmas, but she doesn't have her own stocking yet. We couldn't find one we liked for her last year so we borrowed a cheap one from Jared's parents. Thats why there are only 2 stockings!

This is our Australian Santa, which I think is really cool. It is kind-of small, but Santa is wearing an Australian Drizabone coat, Akubra hat, holding a koala, and has a flag hanging out of his bag. Emma found this, and got it for me! LOVE IT! Anyways, I love Christmas and everything about it! I'm sure I will a lot more this season!


4 comments:

Lora said...

WOW! I am really impressed with your shelf! Way to go! What a fun tradition to have!

Darwin + Kiara said...

I'm so jealous you guys have your tree up already. I really want to get ours up as soon as we can, but we have to get the house moved first, obviously...NEXT WEEKEND!!!

I have to applaud you, Trace, for getting your tree up before us this year. Also, I just thought you should know that it's probably the only year you guys will beat us to it ;)

Jennie-O said...

I'm so much more into christmas now with a little kid. It makes it so much more fun!! Good job on your shelf!!

Christy said...

i'm way impressed with your shelf, that looks AWESOME. i want one! and the australian santa is so cute and perfect for y'all.