Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Mother's Day

For my Mother's Day I wanted to go to the Sydney Aquatic Centre (where the Olympics where held), so on the Saturday before Mother's Day we went. It was a lot of fun. If anyone has ever been to the Lehi swimming pool its similar to that(but better). There are a ton of pools, but we hung out in the kid area with R. She LOVED it! My 2 kids!
We ended up getting R her own goggles, and a tube. She even put her face in the water with the goggles on. She like having them on because when other kids splashed it did get in her eyes. After we bought her the tube, there was NO turning back. She just wanted to swim around in the deep end. Jared and I LOVED going under the water and watching her little legs, they looked like duck legs swimming!

Then on Sunday I was kicked out of the kitchen and Jared and R made me my favorite........chocolate chip cookies! I was able to sneak in for a few pictures. R has this little outfit that she always puts on when cooking, SO CUTE!
Helping Dad!
I just laughed listening to the 2 of them in the kitchen. These were some of the things I heard coming from the kitchen:
R-More
J-Just one more (cookie dough)
R-One more PLEEEEEASE
J- You just want to eat the cookie dough, there won't be any left for cookies
R-its Ok
For like 5 minutes while the cookies were in the oven I overheard ninja sounds coming from the kitchen. My poor little girl!

They then brought me one HUGE cookie, and milk! It was so nice. I love my chocolate chip cookies!!!

I LOVE my family! They did EVERYTHING for me on Sunday. It was nice, and I didn't feel bad! :) One funny comment that this picture reminds me of. While we were at the pool Jared said "if you put everyone here in a huge group, they would still put you and R together. She looks JUST like you"

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day like I did. I am grateful for all the wonderful women in my life, including my own mom!! Miss her like crazy, but we hopefully get to see her soon!!

6 comments:

Jennie-O said...

ahhhh, you have such a good husband! I love that he did that for you for mother's day. You are a great mom, I hope to see you soon! :)

Christy said...

very sweet. i love the story about jared and R in the kitchen. so funny. and yes, she looks JUST like you!

Lora said...

I hope to see you soon too! What a great mothers day-her outfit is just darling! That pool looks amazing! (i have a photo of you in a tube just like that in AZ) and you two are twins- it's so cute!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies!! I LOVE R's cooking outfit! I'm gunna need to get me one of those hats to go with my Aussie apron! And, I LOVE the last picture of you and R. Man! I miss you guys so much! I can't wait to see you!!

Missy and Dan said...

Wow, that is so sweet, I had a better mothers day than I thought too!! And whats this coming over here soon, I hear, do you have to leave me out of the loop ALL the time!!!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Funny about the blog music! That's totally random. Hopefully it will keep on working! And sorry it scared you! :)