Saturday, May 8, 2010

The word is out...

The word is now out. I was saving it for Mother's Day for a few reasons, but Jared and I both told our parents that we are expecting our 2nd child. To answer a few questions the easiest way I could think of:

*How far along are you?
-Not very. 13 weeks
*So when are you due?
- November 12th(unless it comes early like R, which I am praying for)
*Have you been sick?
-Don't even talk about it, because I will have to run to the toilet. Me and the porcelain throne are bestest friends. I have lost 15 lbs. because of the niblet so far. Sounds cool, but NOT the way to do it!
*How did you tell your parents?
-R is VERY good at drawing people so I had her draw me, then a baby inside my tummy. Then today(our mother's day) skyped with our parents and R showed them the picture she drew and explained what it was. Then we showed them the ultrasound picture!
*How did they react?
-My mom, being my mom "I knew it". The sad thing is she probably did. She has been asking me for a few months if I was prego, and I have been lying to her. Jared's parents were excited. They are excited to have a TRUE Australian grandbaby!
*How are you feeling about it?
-I am excited, but WAY nervous about having a kid here. Not that it is a 3rd world country or anything, but being away from my mom, extended family, and friends. So far it has been pretty lonely because Jared goes to work, and I am way to sick to do anything. Poor R, I feel like a bad mom!

Those are all the questions I could think of. I have been SO excited to put the baby ticker on my blog, so yippy its there now!!! So yeah, that is our news. I will let you know the gender once we find out.

9 comments:

Jennie-O said...

oh my gosh! Congratulations! I'm sad that you've been so sick :( It's so cute that R is so excited! Good luck tracee, hang in there.

Lora said...

Tracee I am so excited for you! I too am sorry you've been so sick! if there is anything you need PLEASE shout it out and it will be in the mail!! Can't wait to see the newest Mc-Aussie!

Laura said...

I knew it as soon as I saw your title "the word is out", I said to kirk, they are pregant. Good for you guys! thats really exciting, and now, according to bill cosby, you can be real parents because now you will have two and can listen to "shes touching me" and "she's looking at me" and whatnot. (bill cosby show called "himself" you will laugh so hard).

I hope you start feeling better soon and I secretly hope you have a girl, because two girls in a row are so much fun! But a boy would be fun too, I guess you can't go wrong either way!

ps, kirk said he guesses your husband has assumed more duties and responsibilities since #2 is on the way! :) (he always thought you had the best answer for when people asked when another one would be on the way)

Congrats again!!!

Nate and Kim said...

YEAH!! Congrats you two! I agree with Laura...two girls in a row are a lot of fun...with a LOT of emotions!! Hope the sickness doesn't last too much longer. It is much harder being sick when you have another little monkey to take care of. We wish you the best!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Yay for an Aussie McSweeney nugget!! It better be a boy!! And I'm seriously considering coming for a visit in November, whether D comes with me or not. It'll be so hard for me to leave him--you know that, but we'll see what we can do!

Best Mother's Day present ever!!

Love you guys!

Aja said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys!! Let me know if you need anything. I love you guys and miss you a whole ton!!

Johnson Family said...

I am so excited for you guys. Number 2 is fun. I had two boys first and it's fun to have the same gender, but it doesn't really matter either way I guess (it's not like you can send it back).

I hope you start feeling better, being sick is no fun. You are a great mom no matter what. It's hard, but you are providing a sibling, which is a great blessing to you all.

Good luck with everything!! I wish I was closer and could help, but as it is, you can talk to me all you want. :)

Christy said...

YAY!!! so excited for you guys! i totally think it's a boy, by the way. :)

brent & meg talbot said...

oh tracee! i feel for you -- i was so sick i spent 12 weeks straight on the couch, so sick i couldn't even take care of my own kid. i lost 12 pounds -- were you sick like this the first time? i wasn't, so it was a huge shocker. we're due aug. 28 with a girlie. good luck and i hope the sickness doesn't last much longer -- most miserable!