Friday, June 11, 2010

Walkabout in Sydney

As most people know the World Cup has just got started. FIFA has allowed a few international sites be set up. Sydney is one of them, so we decided to check it out! Not much was going on, because it was still early morning in South Africa! I thought this was pretty cute. They added these covers to the light posts!
There were booths with food, souvenirs, ect. The coolest thing is one of the viewing areas is actually floating on the harbour (in Darling Harbour for those who know Sydney). The main screen is the one on the right with a red boarder, then 2 smaller screens on either sides. We plan on going down again once the games start happening more often!

Then we walked over to Circular Quay. R thinks she is so tricky doing yoga "tree pose"!
R wanted to take a picture of the 3 of us. Her arms are REALLY short, so I am VERY impressed that we all made it in on the first take!
Even her baby had to make it in a picture!
Jared taking his fatherly rights a little too far!!! :)
Love this view. I was telling Jared that its like Red Squre in Moscow. It doesn't matter how many times you see it, it is still breath taking. I could sit and enjoy this view for hours!
We walked a TON, but it was nice to enjoy the sunny WINTER weather! We had to wear jackets around, but can't complain too much about 60 degree WINTER weather!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

This looks so cool! And seriously, isn't this winter fantastic?? We are still usually around 70 during the day. I'll take it over Utah anytime. And R doing yoga...too cool!

Lora said...

That's really awesome, that they set that up! We can't wait to watch the world cup!

60 degree "winter" weather? sounds pretty awful to me ;) (It sounds like the weather of my mission!)

ps-How are you feeling?

Darwin + Kiara said...

I love all the festive stuff they've put up. Very fun.

By the way, your 60 degree winter weather beats our 50 degree summer weather we had yesterday! Brr!! We really need the rain we're getting though, minus the flooding in some areas.

And I swear we get rain for Art City Days just about every year. Hmm...

Darwin + Kiara said...

P.S. Do you remember my friend, Paige? We all went and ate pizza at their house (they lived across the street from us when we lived in Orem) and the boys all played some game while the girls watched TV. And Paige is extremely allergic to milk. Do you remember?

Anyway, she's due with her 2nd the same day as you! Fun, huh? Just FYI. I have her blog on my list. Dan & Paige. Love ya!

Jennie-O said...

I would give anything for 60 degree weather right now! You guys are so cute! As you probably know we are totally watching the world cup these days. T either gets up way too early to watch or he tivo's it and watches it way too late at night... I'm somewhere in between :)