Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Advantages of Cars!!!

So we DON'T have a car, but some VERY kind people in our ward are on vacation in Europe for a month and have lent us their car. Therefore we have been able to discover more of the Sydney area. Since most names wouldn't mean anything to most of you I made a map to explain where we have been traveling to!! It kind-of looks far, but in good traffic(which doesn't happen very often) we can drive to downtown Sydney where the Opera House is in about 30 minutes. I didn't put a black dot, but you can see the airport symbol. We live REALLY close, which is good for Jared who bikes it when we don't have car! Driving it takes about 6-8 minutes to get to the International airport, and 10-12 min. to the Domestic airport(where Jared works)!!!
We live about a mile from the ocean. But our beaches don't have big waves because it is a bay, called Botany Bay. This next post is from the Botany Bay National Park, where Captain Cook(who discovered Australia) first landed. Then finally the last dot is where the Royal National Park is(from the last post). Because it isn't as crowded, it only took about 35 mintues to get to the entrance. Is so cool that all these things are so close. We wouldn't ever know it, without a car!

My little bug at the visitor's center!
Its bad lighting, but these is the monument behind us where Captain Cook first landed in Australia.
I don't think R has a future carrer as Vanna White.
I REALLY like this picture. Most of my smiles are forced, and most people can tell. But we both were really laughing in this picture. Of course R took this picture, but this isn't the 1st one. If you remember in my last post, I made fun of Jared for not knowing how to squint normal. Well, she took the 1st picture and showed us and Jared was closing his eyes from trying to squint. Anyways, I said take another one. So she did, but right before she did she said "Dad open your eyes so you don't look silly!" What a funny little girl!
R's favorite part of the National Park- playing hide and seek!!
We then drove around a little to the entrance of the bay-still in the National Park. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! My camera SUCKS, because it totally doesn't do this place justice! No beaches here, just cliffs!
It is peak whale season so a lot of people go out to this point to whale watch. So they put up these temporary fences, but the further down you get they don't have them!

See no fences! My little family!
This kind-of shows how beautiful the water is!
Again I wish I had a better camera, but still beautiful!

I REALLY love having a car, but we are doing what we have to!! The countdown is on..... as of now, I am still coming on the 23rd! YAY!!!! I am a little nervous about the long flight and being prenant. Does anyone have any tricks to make the flight a little more comfortable???

5 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

So much fun! I love those pictures & I'm still so jealous that you live so close to the ocean. Someday we'll have a beach house of our very own ;)

I seriously love all those pictures (I know I just said that, but it's cuz I mean it!), and the one with Jared squinting again is hilarious. R is such a funny girl.

Love you guys! Can't wait to see you!! And I don't have any prego tips for airplanes seeing as I've never been in your situation ;) Sorry!

Christy said...

that picture of you and jared is very cute! how fun that you guys live so close to the ocean.

as for tips for the flight-- i know it's important to walk around every few hours. i flew to florida when i was pregnant with sophie. i didn't walk around much at all for like six hours and my legs throbbed afterwards (plus i guess you could develop blood clots). don't know much more than that!

how long are you guys going to be here? we totally need to have a reunion!

Aja said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see you! How long are you staying? I too am way jelous you live so close to the beach!

Sydney, Cali & Brynne said...

So jealous! A MILE from the beach! In Australia! I love the picture R took of you and Jared. SOOO Cute! When are you due again?

Georgina Close said...

Looks so much fun! So glad you've got a car to use at the moment. Happy B'day to Reagan and have an awesome time in America!!!! Sorry we missed seeing you to at Tilly's party-will post some photos tonight. xxx