This was R with her carry-on bags. Very proud of her princess suitcase filled with all her toys!
At the house in Hurricane it has a pool that we lived in the 2 days we were there! We brought R's tube that we had bought her, and she swam all over. It was really nice!

Again proving that R is Jared's kid. Doesn't know how to squint normally! :)
It was SO nice.
There was also a lot of ganging up on Grandpa!

Trading the pool water for clean water!

I have a picture of the "girls" by this tree last year and love it. So I thought I would try to recreate it!
Poor Damion, soon he won't be the only boy cousin!!!
We drove up to Utah county on Sunday and met up with my family. Those who didn't know my mom is VERY involved in the Springville World Folkfest. The folfest was starting the next day. So the whole week was revolved around the Folkfest, which was FINE by me! Monday night was the street dance, where the different groups teach you dances.
R loved re-meeting her cousins, aunts and uncles. Luckily it wasn't as hard for her with my side of the family. We Skype a lot with them while in Australia so she recognized most of them!

R loved having Grandma's kitty wake her up in the morning. She would cover her up with her other blanket!
Again proving that R is Jared's kid. Doesn't know how to squint normally! :)
Trading the pool water for clean water!
I have a picture of the "girls" by this tree last year and love it. So I thought I would try to recreate it!
R loved having Grandma's kitty wake her up in the morning. She would cover her up with her other blanket!
Funny story: While we were standing in line Kayla, Kyler, Kaden(My sister Missy's kids) and R were running around until we got closer to the food. We were still watching them as 2 dancers from China came over to R and wanted to take her picture. Then they wanted Kayla in it to. I explained to my sister that it happens ALL the time in Sydney, especially when we are down by the Opera House. Random asians come up to R and put there arm around her and take their picture. (more of the funny, to prove my point later)
Opening night. R was VERY excited!!!
2nd night, R is for sure my kid. She LOVES the Folkfest!!!
We took a night off, and then went on the 4th night with my sisters.
I wish that I got a better picture, but R putting her hand over her heart for the National Anthem, and over her tummy for.......... well I don't know why! Just stinkin' cute!
Part 2 of the funny. During the show, I was sitting in the chairs next to the blanket on the ground where R was sitting. 2 of the Chinese dancers came over and asked if they could take R's picture. I was like "sure". Instead of sitting by her and getting their picture taken with her, she picks her up and takes her over to her friend to get her picture taken. She still gets a little scared, so I sent my dad with her, and he took this picture. Funny asians!!!
2 comments:
Not a sad thing that part 2 is still coming! I can't wait to see the pictures!! Thanks for posting Folk Fest pictures since we missed it this year! And, I'm glad that you claim that R is both yours & J's kid, cuz she is definitely a good combination!!
P.S. Look at the McDemey blog when you get a sec.
the folkfest! i remember that. good times. that last picture of R and the asian is hysterical. i love that they all wanted a picture of the little blond. HA!
Post a Comment