I had suggested that we color coat the eggs, that way each kid was able to find the same number of eggs as their cousins. It worked BEAUTIFULLY! The kids were able to find them at their own pace. And the hiders were able to hide according to the age. So Mia, the oldest, her eggs were hidden a lot harder than P's.!!!!
R was purple
and P was orange
P looks a little shocked, but my kids are cute.
Almost all the cousins! Lila was sick :( we missed her!
My BEAUTIFUL girl!
The next weekend (Saturday, before Easter). I was able to take my kids, plus Aurora to the city's annual Easter hunt. I call it the Easter Race because all the candy is spread out over the high school's football field, and when they yell "go" everyone races out picking up as many as they can. The kids are separated in age groups: 1-3 year olds, 4-7 year olds, and 8-11 year olds. I was with "the babies" so I didn't get any actions shots of R!
Aurora picked up a candy in each hand and was done. It was so funny. We kept having to show her to actually put the candy in the basket, and get more!
P had practice, but still needed motivation
The older kids-funny to say.
Our group- Missy's kids, her neighbor's kids, and my kids(including Aurora)
Finally REAL Easter morning.
P got 3 big eggs, with cars inside of them. If this is all he got he would be pleased.
Our little family Easter morning
By this time, P was a pro, and knew what to do!
R was SO quick most of my pictures were blurry.
Checking out their goods
R got a kite. There was NO wind, but she was determined to make it fly. Uncle Mitch showed her if she ran it would fly for a little bit. She got it up a few times!
I am a total procrastinator. Yes I promised my girl we would dye eggs. I just didn't think it was going to be Easter night! :) Either way, they were dyed, and she was happy. We did it after P went to bed, less mess you know?!?!
Coloring on the egg before dying.
The final product! Not too bad I would say!
I am grateful for this holiday. Like every other holiday, a lot of it that is commercialized, but I am grateful for the chance to remember why we actually celebrate it, and what Jesus Christ has done for me.
Hope everyone had a great Easter like we did!
1 comment:
we do that color coded thing too! tom grew up doing it that way, so it's become a tradition. love it.
also, i have to say i cannot believe how much R looks like you, trace! it is plain crazy!
and we were so busy this year, we didn't even dye eggs! next year, next year. :)
Post a Comment