Saturday, August 4, 2012

Skydiving.... FINALLY

 On July 9th Jared and I headed to Moab, UT to celebrate our birthdays.  
Yes, our birthdays are in March and April, but we bought ourselves certificates to go SKYDIVING! 
What a GREAT way to celebrate 30 years of life! 

We spent the night in Moab then Tuesday the 10th we headed to the airport. I must admit there were only 2 times when I was a little nervous. First was driving to the airport, then second I will mention later!

Once we filled out our paperwork saying we won't sue the company ect, ect. We headed to the hanger where we watched a LAME, and luckily short movie about the ins and out of skydiving. Then we suited up.


 Climbed in the very old airplane with no door on the side
 Checked out the amazing views
 At this point I was still FINE
 Jared was going first. This is him haning his body out of the plane
 Head back so he can breath
 POINT #2 of being nervous. Watching Jared get "sucked" out of the plane and see him fly by the window. Those nervous didn't last long because I had to start moving towards the door.

 Even though his head is cut off, I LOVE this shot!





 Enjoying the ride down. He even got to steer
 Jared had one heck of a landing. 
They both got pretty dirty and the jump master even got a cut on his nose from his goggles.

My turn

Hanging my legs out the airplane. 
No nerves, just pure EXCITEMENT!
 
 Head back
 and here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 I like this shot of me with the airport in the background
 LOVING every second!
 Enjoying the parachute ride down
 I even got to steer
 2 thumbs WAY UP



3 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Woohoo !!! What awesome pictures !! Don't you just want to do it again and again and again !!! I also was the second person to jump and was taken aback a little when I saw the other guy just disappear !!! Two thumbs up Tracee and Jared, glad you both had a awesome time !!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Glad you guys got to have the experience. Next time I'm sure Darwin will do it with you, but I'm still going to take a lot more convincing :) My hands get sweaty just looking at your pictures. Happy belated birthdays! Love you guys!

Christy said...

you guys are NUTS. certifiably. did you have to handwrite, "i know that i could die" ? this post proves to me that there are different kinds of people in this world. it just blows my mind that you weren't even nervous! you go girl! fun pictures!