I loved riding the trains through the city. The only thing I could think of was While You Were Sleeping. I loved how the rails were above the roads!
Our main stop on this day (which was just as cold) was the Willis Tower skydeck, which was the Sears Tower(and everyone still calls it that). We had tried to go on the first day, but the wait time was over two hours. We thought if we had an early enough start we wouldn't have to wait as long. Our idea worked and we practically walked right in. There was a little wait for the elevator, but I think we only waited 2 elevators.
Then we headed straight for the glass lookout. The glass box extends 4.3 feet out from the 103rd floor of the building! R was a little hesitant at first, and I just grabbed her hand and pulled her out. Then it was no big deal at all. P thought it was so cool from the beginning!
Then we walked around to see the other views of the city!
After the Sears Tower we walked to Giodano's, which is a famous restaurant known for their Chicago style pizza. We had to try it. On the menu under the Chicago style pizzas it had a note saying "please give our artist at least 45 minutes to create your pizza". When the server came to take our order we asked, because it wasn't busy, if it would still take 45 minutes and she said it does. GEEZE!!!! We decided to do it anyway, because when in Chicago you've got to eat Chicago style pizza!
R ordered safe with her Spaghetti with butter and cheese!
P ordered a mini pizza!
Sure enough after 45 minutes our pizza finally made its debut! We could totally see why it took 45 minutes to make and cook!
On the right is P's "normal" pizza, on the left is our Chicago style chicken bbq pizza. This thing was HUGE!!!! It was like a double decker pizza. Lets just say we had plenty of left overs that we ended up giving to a homeless man!
On the train platform!
Jared had heard a lot about the river walk in Chicago. We knew it was cold, and so we had no plans on staying very long.
But I'm glad we took this quick stop because now that I watch movies based in Chicago, they ALWAYS show this area with the river, bridges, and the sky scrappers! Just to name a few: Transformers, Shall We Dance, and The Vow.
Then we headed back to the hotel. Besides the absolute cold, the trip was awesome! I am so grateful for the chance that we had to go, and to bring our kids with us. Yes it would have been SOOOO much easier with just the 2 of us, but the memories, and things they learned are priceless! I think I would like to check Chicago out again when its warmer! It could be a fun city just to walk around. I would like to explore Millennium Park more and Navy Pier. We were going to do Navy Pier instead of the aquarium but I'm so glad we didn't. Nothing was going on, and most of it was closed for winter.
1 comment:
How fun for you guys! I'm glad you got to go and create those memories with your kiddos! You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment